Director Pharmaceutical Production (f/m/d)Apply Now Email Me Job ID R0005972 Date posted 12/07/2018 Location:Singen (Hohentwiel), Germany
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Director Pharmaceutical Production (f/m/d) in our Singen site.
Our Singen site in Germany is a center of excellence that is expanding rapidly. We live our values of Takeda-ism – Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance – and are united by our mission to strive towards Better Health and a Brighter Future for people worldwide through leading innovation in medicine. And we need bright, forward-thinking, ambitious and energetic people to support us on our journey. Almost 1,000 people are involved in the production and supply of 68 million vials, syringes and other products at Takeda’s Singen plant each year. Takeda’s production facility in the southern German town Singen is located close to the Swiss border and has a key strategic role in our global manufacturing network. Our Global Manufacturing, Supply and Quality organization employs 7,500 people at 20 plants in 16 countries.
Every member of Takeda’s manufacturing, supply and quality team at our Singen production plant in southern Germany is committed to the same noble mission - to ensure the timely supply of quality medicines that benefit patients worldwide.
The Director Pharmaceutical Production is an integral member of the Singen site leadership team and an active participant in the global network of production directors.
- Leading the Sterile & Non-sterile Production at Plant Singen, ensuring optimum capacity, asset usage and competitive costs within the overall service level agreed with Operations
- Building a Takeda Center of Excellence Function, in terms of hygiene, gowning and sterile manufacturing related GMP processes in the organization
- Responsibility for regulatory and legal requirements associated with production activities at Plant Singen
- Leading a department of approximately 250 people with a focus on safety, quality, performance management, capability building for now and the future and strong succession planning
- Developing and maintaining organizational structures that will enable us to meet the demands of our patients
- Owning department budget as well as conducting budgeting and resource planning in collaboration with the site leadership team
- Collaborating closely with Supply Chain to ensure that customer service level requirements are met in addition to finding process efficiencies
- Implementing continuous improvement initiatives, fostering an agile mindset
- Safeguarding GMP compliance (EU, US-FDA, Japan) in the production department in line with quality policies
- supporting activities related to audits and inspections
- Managing industrialized technical transfer
- University degree in pharmacy or other science, e.g. chemistry, biology, physics
- Experience working as a head of production in a Sterile production environment
- Knowledgeable in technical life-cycle management and contract manufacturing
- Experience applying in LEAN manufacturing concepts and building continuous improvement mindset
- Strong financial acumen
- Proven ability to lead, performance manage and develop large teams of people in an international environment
- Strong ability to lead and manage change
- Strong project management capabilities
- Effective communicator at all levels
- Ability to focus on few key priorities and demonstrate strategic enterprise thinking
- Patient and customer-centric
- Fluent English and German, written and spoken
Why is a common day in Takeda and the area of Singen a highlight?
The atmosphere in Singen is really special: Start your daily work in a friendly, diverse and open-minded environment. You can spend your lunch break together with your colleagues in our own canteen or outside surrounding the green nature of our plant. After work you can use our company health program to do sports or enjoy the sunny days at the Lake of Constance. Fresh air and stunning countryside near the cool, clean water of Lake Constance will refresh your batteries for another day full of interesting challenges.
An attractive Compensation/Benefits package and unique development opportunities in a global expanding talent network makes Takeda a Top Employer.