Director of Operational Excellence (f/m/d)Apply Now Email Me Job ID R0004203 Date posted 09/04/2018 Location:Singen (Hohentwiel), Germany
Do you have a passion for Agility and Operational Excellence? Are Process Optimization and Lean part of your DNA? Are you excited to collaborate in a multicultural team as part of a global pharmaceutical company? Do you have a passion for leading teams? We are searching for a „Director of Operational Excellence“ to enrich our Singen site with strong communication skills and excellent Change Management capabilities.
Our Singen site in Germany is a center of excellence that is expanding rapidly. We live our values of Takeda-ism – Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance – and are united by our mission to strive towards Better Health and a Brighter Future for people worldwide through leading innovation in medicine. And we need bright, forward-thinking, ambitious and energetic people to support us on our journey. Almost 1,000 people are involved in the production and supply of 68 million vials, syringes and other products at Takeda’s Singen plant each year. Takeda’s production facility in the southern German town Singen, is located close to the Swiss border and has a key strategic role in our global manufacturing network. Our Global Manufacturing, Supply and Quality organization employs 7,500 people at 20 plants in 16 countries.
Why is a common day in Takeda and the area of Singen a highlight?
The atmosphere in Singen is really special: Start your daily work in a friendly, diverse and open-minded environment. You can spend your lunch break together with your colleagues in our own canteen or outside surrounding the green nature of our plant. After work you can use our company health program to do sports or enjoy the sunny days at the Lake of Constance. Fresh air and stunning countryside near the cool, clean water of Lake Constance will refresh your batteries for another day full of interesting challenges..
An attractive Compensation/Benefits package and unique development opportunities in a global expanding talent network makes Takeda a Top Employer.
What is the job about?
As the Director of Operational Excellence you are a member of the Site Leadership Team (SLT) and a member of the Global Operational Excellence community. Your main responsibility will be to accelerate and manage the AGILE program scope and schedule at site level, reporting progress and roadblocks to Global AGILE Program as required. Furthermore you will lead and develop a team of Change Agents to achieve the project goals.
How contribute success to a Center of Excellence?
- Drives and facilitates the sites strategic planning process with the SLT, identifying critical to business objectives and supports the planning, execution and tracking of these activities onsite, ensuring that we are focusing on the key priorities that will accelerate our transformational change
- As a member of the SLT, actively supports project portfolio management review, ensuring activities match resources available to the site by setting the right priorities
- Coordinates the AGILE program (process optimization, management infrastructure, mindset and behavior), the PMO (Project Management Office) as well as the employee suggestion program at the Singen site
- Works with the Site Leadership in ensuring a culture of Continuous Improvement applies to all aspects of the site and its operation. Creating an environment that inspires and enables people to move the organization forward
- Ensures effective performance dialogue, at all levels, is in place with process, behaviors and agenda required to guarantee a successful business dialog throughout the site
- Effectively manages/tracks the implementation of the AGILE Waves onsite and ensures effective objective setting for each mission
- Selects and develops the Change Agents for both current & future roles in the organization, elevating the capabilities of our organization for now and the future
- Actively seeking out and sharing best practice both within and external to Takeda, finding innovative ways to serve patients, and build trust, reputation and business
What is required to accelerate and implement great changes?
- Completed studies in subject related areas e.g. Pharmacy, Management, Engineering
- Experience with large-scale organizational change efforts
- Ability to drive for decision making in complex environment
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools
- Advanced project management skills (tools and phases of the project lifecycle) to track performance
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills (Lean SixSigma education/certification is a plus)
- Exhibits a strong continuous improvement mindset and is a role model for change at the local site by influencing Site Leadership Team to change Mindset & Behavior
- E2E business thinker with an ability to think holistically, focusing on impact on the patient or internal customer
- Good networker with exceptional communication and active listening skills to work effectively at all levels in an organization and to establish and maintain strong relationships
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal
- Team Player, flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations
- Basic knowledge in Digital Transformations and Innovation desired
- Fluent in English and German both verbally and written