Business Planning & Analysis, Senior Financial Analyst, External Supply Europe
Singen (Hohentwiel), Germany, Zurich, Switzerland
Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business unit are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Life-changing for you. Life-changing for patients.
Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality is the backbone of Takeda, and our employees are the guardians for our patients, our products, and our reputation. As a member of our team, we can offer you the opportunity to grow in a meaningful career, develop your skills, and come to work every day knowing that what you do makes a genuine difference.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2019.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2018.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Business Planning & Analysis, Senior Financial Analyst, External Supply EuropeApply Now
- Support the External Supply, Small Molecules Europe organization in closing, planning and reporting activities
- Perform closing tasks and internal controls
- Perform Budget versus Actual analysis and recommend corrective actions
- Business partnering – work with cost center managers to develop functional spend plan/forecasts and to calculate purchase price variance/cogs variances.
- Support the standard cost calculation and change analysis
- Accounting/Control – ensure compliance with SOX, U.S. GAAP,IFRS and Takeda accounting policies and procedures, e.g. perform Contract Management Organization (CMO) reconciliations and research variances (CMO records vs. SAP).
- P&L ownership for Cogs variances and standard costing calculations for some of the externally manufactured products. This includes Purchase Price Variances(PPV), inventory changes and inventory write-off/reserve analysis.
- Perform monthly closing activities incl. accruals, interacts with the TBS to oversee the monthly accounting process. Analyze COGS variances, inventory revaluation, inventory discards, project spend. Perform quarterly review of CMO reconciliations.
- Provide P&L variance explanations for monthly reporting package.
- Support the product costing build and review / loading in SAP. This includes ensuring standards, transfer prices, and purchase records are correct in the system.
- Support business partners for product costing questions, analysis and inventory provision calculations.
- Execute internal controls and reconciliations to ensure financial / data integrity and compliance.
- Perform review of CMO reconciliations on a quarterly basis and serve as the liaison with internal and external auditors during quarter-end/year-end audits.
- Support financial projects and program Agile within GMS Finance and External Supply.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance and five (5) or more years of relevant experience
- MBA and CPA (or equivalent) is a plus
- Experience engaging with Global business partners
- Strong business acumen and ability to manage multiple projects.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills (need intellectual “curiosity”)
- Knowledge of Sox controls and GAAP accounting principles, especially manufacturing accounting
- Strong negotiation, interpersonal communication and collaboration skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with SAP, TM1 and Hyperion Financial Manager (HFM) is a strong plus
Job ID R0010652