MSL Excellence and Medical Operations ManagerApply Now Email Me Job ID R0010309 Date posted 09/23/2019 Location: Singapore, Singapore
Role and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership, guidance and strategic direction for Medical Science Liaison (MSL) teams within the Growth & Emerging Markets (GEM) region
- Perform needs assessment and capability building for MSL teams
- Develop, track and report MSL core metrics
- Create practice sharing culture across MSL teams, ensure practice sharing across platforms for relevant stakeholders, across functions and geographies.
- Communicate and voice GEM MSL needs in cross-functional, cross-regional and global forums.
- Manage regional medical CRM and materials review system operations
- Develop and lead digital/innovative initiatives for MSL excellence and medical operations
- Other roles and responsibilities based on evolving business priorities and needs
- Develop regional MSL excellence strategy and partner with area and country excellence leads to ensure alignment of processes.
- Supports development and execution of TA specific scientific engagement plans
- Develops and leads implementation of MSL excellence initiatives within the region
- Maintain external focus to stay abreast current MSL trends to ensure continually innovating and maintaining competitiveness
- Anticipate and identify development needs through stakeholder engagement and effective needs analysis
- Develop regional MSL capability building framework and ensure alignment with global guidance
- Partner with countries and areas to ensure development and implementation of geography specific capability building plans
- Collaborate with TA leads to ensure integration of comprehensive scientific content into training and operational materials
- Develop and maintain standards for training in collaboration with global, area and country MSL excellence leads
- Identify and utilize digital learning technologies to maximize efficiency and effectiveness of training
Standards and Core Metrics
- Align with global MSL excellence leads to establish and maintain a set of regional standards for MSL operations to assure similar responsibilities and activities and to minimize strategic, operational and compliance risk
- Collaborate with regional medical governance to develop and implement policies that ensure appropriate areas of risk are mitigated for the MSL function
- Establish core metrics for MSL functions, track and report MSL metrics regularly via departmental dashboard
- Ensure alignment of core metrics across region and with global requirements.
Practice Share and Communication
- Create and maintain a regional MSL community to enable sharing of best practices, lessons learned and other relevant information
- Create means and process to gather industry practices and information, and translate into actionable insights
- Develop communication strategies to ensure awareness of MSL best practices across and within region.
- Ensure effective communication of MSL relevant global and regional business policies, standards and materials
- Lead discussions, evaluate and harmonize appropriate, efficient and effective CRM systems and incorporate MSL metrics into systems
- Manage, evaluate and harmonize materials review system designs and ensure efficient and effective use
- Ensure system alignment of design and analytics across global, regional, area and country teams.
Qualification and Experience
- Educational background in life sciences preferred
- Experience in MSL excellence, medical operations, or strategic planning required
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in medical affairs or similar roles
- Experience of collaborating with geographically spread teams in a multicultural environment
- Fluent verbal and written English communication skills, fluency in other languages is a plus
- In depth understanding of the importance of field medical roles
- Proven track record of teamwork, cross-functional collaboration and leadership
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to foster strong rapport
- Excellent presentation, communication & organization skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Strategic thinker, innovative and digitally in-tuned
- Ability to partner with and influence stakeholders in a matrix organizational, quick to adapt to changing business needs
- Independent and self-driven with a positive work ethic
- Well versed in highly technical and scientific languages
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook