Recruitment Fraud Alert
Takeda has received reports that there are instances of identity thieves posing as Takeda employees in an attempt to steal personal information from job seekers. In these cases, identity thieves visit job-related websites and invite candidates to online chats. During the chat, they press job seekers to provide bank account information and personal identification numbers. If you receive unexpected offers of employment from people claiming to work for Takeda, we suggest you do not correspond with them, do not click any hyperlinks and do not open any attachments.
At Takeda, we will never ask for personal financial information during any step of the interview nor do we charge job seekers fees as part of the recruitment process. Takeda’s recruiting correspondence will be sent by a recruiting representative with an @takeda.com email address – not @gmail.com, @yahoo.com, @hotmail.com or any other email domain service.
If you believe you have been contacted by an unauthorized person, please contact your local law enforcement agency immediately.
Medical Science Liaison - Vaccines
This position provides scientific and medical support for the therapeutic areas (TA) of Vaccines and Infectious Diseases/Transplant. This position acts as the therapy and product expert both internally and externally in the Singapore Local Operating Company (LOC), providing medical insights and field intelligence to support the development and life-cycle management of the company’s products.
This position will work closely with the Malaysia-Singapore Medical Director /Therapeutic Area Lead in the TA to lead the in-field execution of the TAL/MA-developed medical plan. This position will also collaborate cross-functionally to develop and execute medically relevant strategies and tactics as well as provide scientific expertise and training to cross-functional stakeholders as needed.
This role is the field-based therapeutic area (TA) expert responsible for execution of the TA specific medical plan in the field, predominantly by establishing, developing, and fostering relationships with key external stakeholders. This position is a field- based position, with approximately 70% time in the field collaborating with KOLs and other external customers as needed.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Responsible for maintaining a high level of updated scientific knowledge and understanding the overall treatment and healthcare environment in the TAs
- Vaccine TA for Singapore (0.8 FTE)
- Infectious Diseases/Transplant TA for APAC (0.2 FTE)
- Execute the Medical Plan for the relevant TAs for the country, in line with Area / Regional / Global strategies and the Brand Plan.
- Provide insights from key external stakeholders to internal cross-functional stakeholders as needed to guide the Brand and Medical Plans.
- Establish an ongoing relationship with key opinion leaders (KOLs), government officials, healthcare organizations and ensure that significant developments in the field are identified and monitored.
- Responsible for executing the Therapeutic Area Medical Plan, aligned with both the Brand Plan and the area/regional/ global Medical Plan (where relevant).
- Provide medical/scientific input into the Brand Plan and is a member of the cross-functional Brand Team.
- Utilize in-field insights to support medical and scientific strategy and business development.
- Identify licensing opportunity and supports due diligence analyses as needed.
- Provide field-based support from the medical function that are aligned with overall corporate goals and objectives.
- Ensure appropriate and effective external stakeholder management by utilizing objective, aligned scientific criteria to profile KOLs and creates and regularly updates the TA KOL list.
Contribution to Organization Through Scientific Expe
- Develop and implement key medical activities (e.g., Advisory Boards, Focus Group Meetings, medical education, scientific congresses, and peer-to-peer training activities) in line with the Medical Plan.
- Support Takeda’s speakers’ bureau through addressing the educational needs of speakers’ bureau members and faculty.
- Identify educational opportunities that are aligned with Takeda’s medical education strategies.
- Provide clinical presentations and medical information to managed markets and government accounts upon request.
- Contribute and/or provide medical review of promotional materials for scientific meetings, symposia and other Medical Education activities, in accordance with applicable Codes of Practice and regulations and Takeda policies, within defined timelines under the guidance and documented approval by Head of Medical Affairs Malaysia-Singapore.
- Ensure that the technical-scientific content of promotional and non-promotional material is fair, balanced, and based on appropriate scientific evidence, as well as complies with local regulatory norms and internal compliance rules under guidance and documented approval by Malaysia-Singapore Medical Director.
- Ensure compliance of all responsible activities to relevant laws and regulations as well as internal standards and SOPs under guidance and documented endorsement by Head of Medical Affairs Malaysia-Singapore.
- May be responsible for budget planning, resource allocation, and preparation of monthly/quarterly reports for relevant TAs.
External Stakeholder Management
- Establish an ongoing relationship with key opinion leaders (KOLs) and healthcare organizations to ensure that significant developments in the field are identified and monitored.
- Establish Takeda’s presence with KOLs and academic institutions in defined geographies for Therapeutic Areas of strategic interest to the company as needed.
- Address unsolicited enquiries from HCPs as needed.
- Disseminate medical insights and intelligence gathered from scientific exchange with KOLs to key internal stakeholders to guide medical and commercial strategies.
- Provide medical and scientific input in the relevant TAs to cross-functional stakeholders, including marketing, regulatory, market access/alliance functions and others as required.
- Provide medical and scientific training to internal stakeholders as needed.
- Support Regulatory Affairs team in assisting with wording and amending labeling information and PILs (Patient Information Leaflets) under guidance and documented endorsement by Head of Medical Affairs Malaysia-Singapore.
- Develop and execute data generation/dissemination plan for the relevant TAs in line with the Medical Plan.
- Collaborate with other functions (Discovery, Clinical, Epidemiology, Market Access & Public Affairs) and provide medical expertise to development in TAs as needed .
- Provide leadership and medical expertise in the development of clinical research programs in line with global strategies to support local product registration and marketing.
- Develop and support local and regional data generation programs to address local unmet need, differentiation, and value demonstration gaps.
- Identify and facilitate company-approved Investigator Initiated Sponsored Research (IISR) aligned with Takeda’s medical strategies and support the submission of study concepts/protocols.
- Track progress of IISR proposals, and once approved, track study progress.
- Provide assistance in identifying, evaluating, and screening qualified research sites for clinical investigation, and this may include identification of sites for company-sponsored studies.
- Proactively and reactively collaborate with clinical operations to ensure local patients are included in global trials as well as patient recruitment targets are met.
- The above includes approaching potential investigators to assess local trial capabilities but excluding any formal International Conference of Harmonization (ICH) Good Clinical Practices (GCP) activities.
- Together with the Head of Medical Affairs Malaysia-Singapore, support Market Access and Public Affairs in planning and implementing patient access programs as needed and as per local regulatory requirements for products within TAs.
- Together with Pharmacovigilance (PV), support reporting and review of adverse events locally and contributes to global pharmacovigilance activities as needed.
- Manage product-related medical safety issues by reporting incidents to the local PV-team
Minimum Requirement : A Doctoral Degree in Life Sciences (e.g. Ph.D.), Pharmacy Degree or medical graduate (e.g. MBBS, MD)
Preferred : Medical post-graduate (e.g. MD) and Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm. D)
- 3-5 years of prior Medical Affairs and/or Clinical Affairs experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Experience in vaccine portfolio is highly recommended
Skills & personal characteristics
- Excellent leadership, managerial, interpersonal, and relationship-building skills
- Solid scientific expertise, specifically in the therapeutic area
- Highly collaborative, confident, and strong presence
- Strategic thinker, innovative, able to drive multiple-simultaneous initiatives, able to work under pressure
- Able to drive consensus across diverse stakeholders to achieve goals
- Ability to identify and proactively addresses issues before they reach crisis points
- Goal-oriented, focused, energetic, and enthusiastic
- Passionate and committed in all undertakings
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English; fluency in other languages is a plus
- Excellent presentation skills
- IT savvy and process orientated
- Good knowledge of healthcare systems
- A high level of knowledge of the country’s regulatory environment, including key regulatory agencies and approval processes relevant to the country
- Ability to drive to or fly to various meetings/client sites.
- May be required to commit to overnight travel (approximately 25%), including weekend commitments once business travel commences.