Maintenance Engineer II - 12 months contract
Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business unit are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Life-changing for you. Life-changing for patients.
Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality is the backbone of Takeda, and our employees are the guardians for our patients, our products, and our reputation. As a member of our team, we can offer you the opportunity to grow in a meaningful career, develop your skills, and come to work every day knowing that what you do makes a genuine difference.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Maintenance Engineer II - 12 months contractApply Now
Primary Objectives of this Job
The Maintenance Engineer will lead the front end equipment troubleshooting and equipment maintenance services with support from Associate Engineer, contract resources in resolving the equipment problems, repair and corrective maintenance for utilities and manufacturing equipment at Takeda Singapore Manufacturing Plant.
- Responsible for front end (Mechanical) troubleshooting of utilities and manufacturing equipment.
- Responsible for managing of Emergency & Urgent Corrective Maintenance Work order from screen, job plan and return to operation task.
- Responsible for developing the competency level for Associate Engineer and contract resources in supporting maintenance activities.
- Responsible for developing CM maintenance task and support development of PM maintenance task with Plant Engineering Team.
- Responsible to deliver Global Maintenance KPI’s target.
- Member of the Maintenance Planning and Schedule Team and in collaboration with operation planning and scheduling, ensures preventative maintenance tasks delineated in standard operating procedures/ job plan and corrective maintenance are performed on schedule and in accordance with Divisional Work Order Procedure requirements and current good manufacturing practices (cGMPs) to meet production schedules.
- Review work order as Maintenance A/R role.
- Support development of direct staff members Provides a second level management to a group of one or more teams such as providing training for PM, special skills require accuracy and related to MFG critical system , Act as Mentor for the new AE.
- Setting up detail steps, Work instruction for CM/PM ,support creation and revision of SOP, PM Checklist
- Setting up competency matrix for individual Engineer and AE together with Supervisor
- Setting up Manpower management mapping with reference of PM schedule
- Support investigation and assigned as CAPA owners
- Identify and lead improvement projects
- Perform spares review (Creation & deletion) and identify obsolescence
- Support audit as discipline SME
- Escalate any abnormal observation pick up during trouble-shooting, maintenance or calibration activity or as reported by the maintenance crew to System Engineer.
- Raise GEMs event and support investigation during for any equipment abnormality or OOT situation.
- Develop training needs for maintenance crew in supporting maintenance and calibration activities.
- Provide technical support to Maintenance Senior Associate / Associate Engineer as to carry out their duties
- To assign require resources with relevant skill set in supporting PM/CM and calibration activities in daily and weekly basis. Adjust resource plan as needed for emergency or urgent maintenance request.
- To jointly develop maintenance and calibration procedure, check list, training instruction and qualification with System and Reliability Engineer for various preventive and corrective task.
- Schedule and conduct maintenance task training to qualify maintenance staff and contractor.
- Develop/ Review internal and external Risk Assessment for maintenance and calibration activities.
- Support implementation of capital or improvement projects.
- Perform shutdown activities as directed by shutdown lead.
- Support in EHS and Quality regulatory and internal audit.
- Ensure high standard of housekeeping always maintain throughout the maintenance activities.
- Participate in the recruitment and selection of maintenance associate engineer or contractor resources.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legal codes and regulations.
- Responsibility to adhere to any applicable EHS requirements.
- Commitment to a fair and respectful relationship to others and behavior in accordance with Takeda’s Code of Conduct.
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education and Experience Requirements
- At least 5 years of hands-on maintenance experience in a cGMP manufacturing environment, and clear understanding of pharmaceutical or Bioscience related industrial requirement.
- Experience in leading a teams of technicians and contractor
- Recognized technical qualification in Mechanical or Engineering Degree (NITEC/ Diploma equivalent or higher)
- Willing to be scheduled for call-outs during non-office hours to support manufacturing emergencies
- Able to work with cross functional personal to achieve department goal
Key Skills and Competencies
- Strong Mechanical equipment maintenance and trouble-shooting skill.
- Leadership and collaboration
- Proficient in MS Office tools such as MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Customer/Stakeholder focused (understand business plans and operating environment)
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Job ID SR0045564