Head of Supply Chain
Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business unit are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Life-changing for you. Life-changing for patients.
Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality is the backbone of Takeda, and our employees are the guardians for our patients, our products, and our reputation. As a member of our team, we can offer you the opportunity to grow in a meaningful career, develop your skills, and come to work every day knowing that what you do makes a genuine difference.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2019.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2018.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Head of Supply ChainApply Now
Primary Objectives of this Job
- The Head of Supply Chain is a key member of the Singapore Woodlands Plant’s Senior Leadership Team and is responsible for leading the supply chain organization including supply & production planning, inventory management, raw materials planning & buying, warehouse & logistics as well as weighing & dispensing.
- He/She provides leadership and executes strategic direction through management of the supply chain activities and processes to meet site goals.
- He/She will represent the Supply Chain function and the Singapore Woodlands site internally and externally.
- The Head of Supply Chain will establish a lean and efficient organization embracing the Takeda Leadership Behaviors.
- Develop, implement and execute strategic supply chain processes in support of business objectives
- Responsible for leading, managing and providing guidance to the teams in Planning, Warehouse/Logistics and Weighing & Dispensing ensuring that the teams can fulfill all goals
- Responsible for ensuring cGDP and cGMP compliance in all areas of the supply chain organization
- Accountable for the hiring and training of new workforce and ensure that all supply chain personnel are appropriately trained and qualified to perform tasks assigned exhibiting Takeda Leadership Behaviors
- Accountable for optimizing inventory turns, minimizing excess and obsolete inventory through product life cycle management and proactively identifying service level issues
- Responsible for implementing control systems to eliminate product discrepancies
- Actively participate in the site’s Senior Leadership Team and collaborate cross-functionally to ensure the site achieve its goals
- Responsible for managing the Production Council, Supply Chain budget and the fulfillment of budget targets
- Ensure Supply Chain KPIs are met, identifying and implementing corrective and preventive actions where needed
- Lead and facilitate cross-functional collaborations within and above site to ensure site, Biologics OpU and GMSGQ goals are met
- Liaise and align with other manufacturing plants in Takeda network and product operating teams on supply chain matters
- To represent Supply Chain and the site in all internal and external audits
- Accountable for the maintenance of compliance to all regulatory requirements
- Lead, support and promote projects and continuous improvement initiatives
- Accountable for maintaining a productive culture and a high level of positive engagement with all Supply Chain personnel
- Coach and counsel team members to establish a robust leadership pipeline for succession planning to ensure a stable and sustainable organization
- Responsibility to adhere to any applicable EHS requirements.
- Commitment to a fair and respectful relationship to others and behavior in accordance with Takeda’s Code of
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor degree in Supply Chain/Operations/Logistics or similar; MBA will be an added advantage
- At least 8 – 10 years of related work experience with 3 – 5 years’ experience in a senior leadership position in an MNC with cross-functional interaction
- Good working knowledge of Trackwise, C3ME and ERP systems such as JDE/SAP
Key Skills and Competencies
- In-depth knowledge of all aspects of supply chain management within a manufacturing environment
- Strong inter-personal and collaboration skills as well as teamwork mindset
- Excellent coaching and people management skills
- Ability to engage, inspire and motivate employees at all levels
- Excellent trouble shooting and problem solving skills
- Good working knowledge of cGDP and cGMP
- Strong business acumen
- Strong project management skills
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Job ID SR0041423