Head of Manufacturing Excellence
Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business unit are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Life-changing for you. Life-changing for patients.
Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality is the backbone of Takeda, and our employees are the guardians for our patients, our products, and our reputation. As a member of our team, we can offer you the opportunity to grow in a meaningful career, develop your skills, and come to work every day knowing that what you do makes a genuine difference.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Head of Manufacturing ExcellenceApply Now
Primary Objectives of this Job
The Head of Manufacturing Excellence is responsible to ensure products manufactured in Takeda Singapore meet both patients’ requirements and supply requirements for the products. The individual will provide leadership to a diverse team and synergize activities across different cross-functional teams to enable day to day production support. The individual will ensure EHS and cGMP compliance in his Department, implement life cycle improvements for plant processes and introduce new products to the plant. As part of the site’s Operational Leadership Team, the individual will also contribute to the overall site goals and vision.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Manage all manufacturing improvement activities including:
- Effective and efficient use of the manufacturing and quality systems to allow for routine manufacturing and release of products. These systems include event management-GEMS/ change control-CCMS/ ERP system-JDE /training management- SABA)
- Ensuring compliance through inter-suite/all manufacturing department alignment
- Timely support for manufacturing batch documentation systems for the operations on the production floor, including Electronic Batch systems
- Align supporting functions to ensure timely start of production and release of product
- Improve work processes and systems within the manufacturing department and cross functionally
- Support the transfer/implementation of new processes and commissioning & validation activities of new projects, as required
- Site overview of production scheduling
- Inculcate a culture of Right First Time for all manufacturing operations
- Escalate and seek alignment for complex investigations, as required
- Work with manufacturing managers to ensure seamless support for operations
Ad-hoc and Strategic activities including
- Front audit requests, manage audit preparation as well as documentation related to audit responses, Adverse Event notification review and Annual Product Reviews, as required
- Develop systems to monitor and analyze processing parameters for atypical trends and improvement opportunities
- Participate in planning activities such as product change over activities or shutdown activities
- Participate in site or above site initiatives
Team Development and Management
- Accountable for the hiring and training of new workforce
- Develop the Manufacturing Excellence team into a high performing team, ensuring good team dynamics based on efficient and lean operations
- Communicate key messages and policies to ensure understanding and alignment
- Cultivate a culture that embodies Takeda’s principles and site operational goals
- Carry out performance reviews and talent reviews
- Mentor Manufacturing Excellence, Documentation Supervisors and other team members
- Lead teams in creating a culture that embodies the Takeda Leadership Behaviors
- Ensure team succession is identified, planned and executed
- Responsibility to adhere to any applicable EHS requirements.
- Commitment to a fair and respectful relationship to others and behavior in accordance with Takeda’s Code of Conduct.
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Education in a relevant discipline, preferably in Biomedical Sciences/Chemical Engineering/Bioengineering/Bio-processing related
- Possess minimum 8 years of relevant experience in the biotechnology, pharmaceutical or chemical processing industry.
- With at least 5 years of management or leadership experience
- Excellent self-motivated team player with hands-on attitude and excellent communication skills
- Experience with product technology transfers and multi-product operations
Key Skills and Competencies
The individual should have good understanding of cGMP manufacturing aspects and had hands-on manufacturing experience.
- Leadership experience with management responsibilities
- Excellent knowledge of biopharmaceutical / pharmaceutical plants and unit operations
- Understanding of manufacturing enterprise systems, electronic batch management and have a broad overview of site level interactions
- Knowledge of Lean and/or Six Sigma methodologies
- Excellent trouble shooting, problem solving and communication skills
- Demonstrates high commitment to cGMP, EHS and people development
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Able to understand interactions/ complexity of different manufacturing expertise, for example, Upstream processing/Downstream processing/ Equipment Preparation/ Buffer Preparation
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of various products and their respective processes
- Business acumen
- Demonstrates appropriate level of adaptability, maintains positive outlook, and demonstrates composure under pressure.
- Able to manage ambiguity and drive for results
- Able to work in a matrix environment
- Excellent at technical writing as required for Electronic Batch Management (EBM), Batch Records (MBRs, MFRs) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Possess excellent critical thinking skills
- Able to lead cross functional and global teams
- Be an agent for manufacturing change and improvement
- Experience as a system user of business systems such as C3ME, XFP and Trackwise
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Job ID SR0052359