Network Services Specialist – CloudApply NowEmail Me Job ID R0025212 Date posted 11/20/2020 Location: Shanghai, China
- The Network Services Specialist is responsible for planning, designing, delivering and life-cycle management of cloud and network infrastructure. And integrating them into Takeda's overall network architecture and design
- Build and Manage network subscriptions in Azure and AWS including all network services such as Routing&Switching, Load balancing, Firewalls, Proxy and WAN optimization and SD-WAN tie-in.
- The Network Services Specialist maintains deep and broad knowledge enables a holistic understanding of the technology environment and provides seamless network security and cloud operations
- Application Performance Monitoring (APM) - Strong understanding of end to end application performance monitoring toolset such as Netprofiler, LiveNX, Aternity.Build performance monitoring dashboards to provide proactive monitoring and alerting capabilities for application delivery experience
- The Network Services Specialist is also responsible for project planning and designing network infrastructure solutions to meet business requirements
- This position is responsible for designing, testing, implementing, and supporting cloud network and network infrastructure.
- Responsible for secure and reliable delivery of all DC & Cloud and enterprise SaaS applications
- Provide guidance and technical consulting in support of large scale network implementation projects
- Drive technical decisions with set technology standards; update and documentation of design standards
- Responds to and appropriately addresses support calls, incidents, and requests related to the Cloud and network infrastructure
CORE ELEMENTS RELATED TO THIS ROLE
- Install, configure, and support networking equipment from various vendors to support reliable delivery of applications in Cloud and Data Centers.
- Resolve complex problems, design solutions, participate in strategy discussions, and manage technical components of a project
- Collaborates closely with the DC hosting team to address L2 and L3 connectivity requirements for Data Centers across the globe including connectivity to cloud
- Collaborates closely with the ISR team to establish and enforce security policies and configurations across network device and firewalls consistent with the overall security posture
- Builds and executes Application Performance Monitoring strategy for reliable delivery of all applications
- Develop advanced concepts, techniques and standards. Attends and participates in team and departmental meetings providing updates and insight into ongoing projects, initiatives, and incidents
- Participate in a weekly on-call rotation among peer network engineering staff; Act as Level 3 escalation point for Priority 1 incidents
- Responds to and appropriately addresses support calls, incidents, and requests related to the cloud and data center network infrastructure
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise (Breadth and depth of knowledge, application and complexity of technical knowledge)
- Strong Experience with Zscaler Internet Access and Zscaler Private Access
- Strong Experience with AWS and Microfost Cloud networking
- Strong Experience with China Internet and MPLS
- Experience with Palo Alto, Checkpoint and Cisco ASA Firewalls
- Experience with Network Admission Control architecture and framework
- Experience with Cisco ISE platform for wired/wireless and VPN enforcement
- Experience with L4-7 network services integration in a data center environment
- Experience or good understanding of cloud management systems
- Experience with Cisco Nexus/Catalyst and SDWAN
- Familiarity or experience with VMWare solutions including NSX
- Familiarity or experience with architecting and operating micro-segmented environments
- Familiarity or experience with SDN & SDDC technologies and their applications
- Expert level knowledge enterprise log monitoring platforms (Splunk)
- Strong understanding of various B2B connectivity options (site to site, remote access client, IPSec, IKE, tunnel modes, SSL, Tunnels between Firewalls) with broad troubleshooting experience
Leadership (Vision, strategy and business alignment, people management, communication, influencing others, managing change)
- Provide thought leadership on design/implementation of technologies related to Cloud On-Ramp leveraging Equinix ECX platforms
- Works independently to achieve Network Services Cloud strategy and vision in close conjucntion wtih hosting/DC and Information Security & Risk(ISR) teams
- Oversee day-to-day team operation and performance
- Strong communicator to ensure alignment with network architecture, operations and ISR teams
- Support training needs for the network operations teams to bridgre any gaps with expertise and management of critical data center network technology platforms
- Interface with IT functional business partners with Voice of the Customer of feedback and continuous improvement
Decision-making and Autonomy (The capacity and authority to make organizational decisions, autonomy in decision-making, complexity of decisions, impact of decisions, problem-solving)
- Ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Leverage independent Judgment to determine optimal methods of task completion and work prioritization.
- Adherence to CTUX’ Policies, Processes and Standards
- Authority to delegate Tasks and Responsibilities as it relates to Network operations to manage service providers
Interaction (The span and nature of one’s engagement with others when performing one’s job, internal and external relationships)
Working with and achieving Results through others is a significant Part of this Role
- Within the CTUX Network Service Delivery team – working with peers to deliver reliable network services in the same and across regions in a seamless fashion.
- Within CTUX Network Architecture Teams – provide seamless collaboration Network Archtiecture teams in ensuring solution design and delivery is alignment with defined standards: 1. Bridge gap between SDM and Architecture teams for service delivery and transition 2.Update technology implementation documents as per feedback from Network architecture teams
- With Information Security & Risk Teams: Work closely with establishing processes for firewall and VPN approvals
- With Hosting/DC Teams: Work closely with establishing processes for cloud and DC connectivity
- there are a number of external Partners providing Network Services to Takeda. This role will be responsible to interface with Cloud/DC and Security Managed Service Providers ad for succesful service delivery and transition
Innovation (The required level of scientific knowledge, knowledge sharing, innovation and risk taking)
- Participation in Technology Pilots and Solution Finding
Complexity (Products managed, mix of businesses, internal and/or external business environment, cultural considerations)
- Ability to work comfortably in a multi-cultural team environment.
- Ability to work effectively in a widely dispersed team (time-zones/geographies).
- Creativity in addressing technical challenges in highly regulated and complex environment.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience required, Master’s Degree preferred.
- 10+ years experience in a technical environment and minimum of last 5 years supporting large scale enterprise networks
- AWS/Azure cloud certification is preferred
- Zscaler certification is prefferred
- Strong analytical, communication, interpersonal and organizational skills required.
- A collaborative mindset is an absolute must.