Head of Talent Acquisition & People Operations, Takeda ChinaApply NowEmail Me Job ID R0021437 Date posted 07/13/2020 Location: Shanghai, China
The Head of Talent Acquisition & People Operations, Takeda China plays a critical role in supporting the development and success of Takeda in China. The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Partner with the HR Head of Takeda China as a strategic partner to the business in developing talent acquisition strategies, driving employment branding initiatives, while identifying and determining staffing trends and requirements and producing talent forecasts for today and the future.
- Interact extensively with senior leaders, including Leadership members.
- Partner to the Talent Management team and hiring managers to ensure both internal bench and external talent pipelines are built to meet short, mid and long term needs.
- Establish and develop sourcing capabilities for executive, experienced hiring and new graduates, while implementing and maintaining cohesive processes, tools, systems and vendors for talent acquisition and staffing.
- Take responsibility for communicating the employee value proposition and ensuring that the brand will attract and retain a high performing workforce.
- Develop talent acquisition strategies and hiring plans for China.
- Lead employment branding initiatives for Greater China.
- Experienced in full-cycle recruiting and employment branding.
- Explore and establish versatile sourcing to fill open positions and anticipate future needs
- Design and implement systemic sourcing and selection processes including building talent pool, interviews, screening, etc. to ensure high quality recruitment procedures are in place.
- Have sharp eyes for talented people and a steady commitment to help them find success in the company.
- Plans for solid solutions to ensure positive candidate experiences.
- Partner with HR team to assist in employee retention and development.
- Design and implement long term career fairs, assessment centers or other events.
- Establish measureable KPI and use metrics to identify areas of improvements.
- Understand market and talent realities in order to inform approaches to finding, attracting and acquiring the best talent in China and the globe.
- Provides leadership and develop acquisition team.
- Source and identify candidates for roles via online advertising, networking and passive methods
- Support the further development and implementation recruitment methods in order to successfully attract top quality candidates appropriate to company needs.
- Able to adjust work schedule in order to work under pressure.
- Perform special projects as requested.
Internal: Heads of all departments and all entities in Greater China, Talent Acquisition teams of Growth & Emerging Markets (GEM) and Global, and employees.
External: Candidates, vendors and high rank schools in China and around the globe,.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor degree or above.
- Minimum of eight years’ experience in recruitment or HR in pharmaceuticals.
- Previous experience leading and managing a team of recruitment professionals is a plus.
- Experience working in or managing a global team in various time zones.
- Experience developing and implementing talent acquisition strategies, preferably in a high-volume environment.
- Experience participating in and promoting diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- Experience creating original sourcing/recruiting strategies as well as have the ability to effectively communicate sourcing/recruiting plans to all levels of clients within the organization.
- Experience coaching and developing team capabilities and leading through vision and values.
- Extensive sourcing capabilities leveraging modern Internet tools and professional networking media.
- Experience of project management with multiple functions.
Professional Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with leaders and peers within the organization both within and across geographical markets.
- Ability to be flexible, adjust approach and contribute positively in a high-energy, changing environment.
- Excellent presentation, facilitation, and influencing skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proven organization ability and follow-through.
- Sophisticated computer skills (Internet research/recruiting, Workday, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint) are required.
- Ability to work under pressure and adjust schedule as appropriate.
- Strong sense in strategic thinking and planning.
- Finance/legal knowledge is preferred.
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills.
- Fluency in written and oral and written English and Chinese is essential.
- Understanding of all selection methods and techniques.
- Outgoing and gregarious, enjoys interacting with a variety of people.
- Curious and a demonstrated track record of being a life-long learner.