Director, MSLs - Transplant
San Francisco, California
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Director, MSLs - TransplantApply Now
Director, MSL’s—Transplant (REMOTE)
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Director, MSL’s—Transplant. This is a remote position.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
The Director, MSL’s—Transplant will be responsible for the following:
- Continually monitor the evolving healthcare environment and adapt the MSL team in order to address scientific needs of internal and external stakeholders within the Medical Product Unit
- Serve as the MA lead with internal and alliance stakeholders
- Lead, manage, coach and develop MSL in support of overall business objectives for delivery of scientific communications of strategic importance to Takeda.
- Develops Field Medical strategies and directs MSL resources
- Alignment of MSL activities with strategic and compliance objectives to support Medical Product Unit.
- Direct management of field medical (MSL and FME) including goal setting, development, and performance management.
- Represent Field Medical on all appropriate internal cross functional committees
- Approve strategy and plan for MSL coverage of professional meetings.
- Ensure training and oversee implementation and adherence to SOPs, and compliance guidelines.
- Create and maintain communication channels with internal stakeholders.
- Track and communicate MSL TA key accomplishments and insights to internal stakeholders.
- Approve MSL therapeutic area training plans.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- The qualified candidate will have a doctoral degree in a health sciences related field such as a PharmD, MD or Ph.D., with a thorough grasp of the pharmaceutical industry.
- Minimum of 4 years of managerial experience of individuals with an advanced scientific degree in a field-based group in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Proven track record of strong strategic leadership, teamwork, innovation, project management and demonstrated ability to manage, lead and mentor individuals.
- Demonstrated understanding of legal and regulatory guidelines of pharmaceutical industry.
- Extremely self-confident, possess a strong work ethic, and continually focused on product improvement, innovation, and bottom-line results.
- Preferred Candidates will have knowledge of the transplant therapeutic area
- Preferred Candidates will have experience with ‘institution or key account’ focused MSL teams.
- Must live in/near a major city/airport.
- Ability to drive to or fly to various meetings/client sites.
- Overnight travel (40-60%), including some weekend commitments.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Chicago, IL, Columbus, OH, Dallas, TX, New York, NY, San Francisco, CA
Job ID R0024092