Clinical Nurse Educator - Lung West Region
San Francisco, California, San Diego, California, Sacramento, California, Phoenix, Arizona, Las Vegas, Nevada, Los Angeles, California
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines.
Takeda California generates highly disease-specific and patient-tailored transformative new medicines aligned with Takeda’s global market strategies through research in Gastrointestinal (GI), Neuroscience and Immunology. Takeda California’s team of experienced scientists and clinicians deliver on the needs of patients by blending its internal capabilities, global Takeda resources, and expertise and technology from best-in-class external partners. Takeda California has opened a new 165,000 square-foot building which is an external innovation and collaboration hub for San Diego.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
Medicine for the world
We put the patient at the center of everything we do as we strive towards better health for people worldwide, through leading innovation in medicine.
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners.
“It’s about putting the patient at the center of everything we do. Takeda is very rooted in our four priorities of Patient, Trust, Reputation, Business, or PTRB.”
Chief of Staff
Meet Jen, the Chief of Staff and Head of Gastroenterology (GI) Therapeutic Area Unit General Operations in Boston, Massachusetts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2018.
Clinical Nurse Educator - Lung West RegionApply Now
The Clinical Nurse Educator (CNE) is a field-based position reporting to the Associate Director, Clinical Nurse Educators. The primary role of the CNE is to support Academic Institutions, Acute Care Hospitals and key community accounts with educational and on-label promotional programs. The CNE’s primary focus is on efficacy, patient adherence and side effect management. The CNE works closely with sales colleagues, Regional Account Managers, Associate Director of Networks, and Marketing to coordinate on-label customer-facing educational activities including in-services, patient advocacy programs, and nursing society meetings.
- Work cross functionally to identify customer education needs.
- Work with Region Manager, Area Director and Associate Director, Clinical Nurse Educators to develop and implement a business plan to educate the market within assigned specialty and geography.
- Deliver disease state educational presentations to nurses, physicians and other health care providers.
- Partner with national, state and local nursing organizations to support education on assigned disease states.
- Maintain strong working relationships with brand teams and assist in the development of disease-state education pieces.
- Develop relationships with key nurse opinion leaders.
- Manage resources effectively while maintaining accurate records of company related expenditures.
- Identify and communicate customer issues, educational opportunities, and market developments through supervisor and internal partners.
- Attend and participate in franchise meetings, training classes, conventions/conferences, and other business related activities.
- Ability and willingness to travel as required and determined within and outside of the assigned Region.
- All other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- Minimum of a Bachelors Degree, RN required. OCN strongly recommended.
- Prefer, but not required a minimum of 5 years pharmaceutical industry/clinical experience, with an oncology focus.
- Strong clinical expertise and ability to articulate and communicate complex information.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and standard programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Demonstrates an in-depth knowledge of the oncology market, preferably focused on the pharmaceutical industry.
- Demonstrates excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to develop professional relationships with internal partners and external customers.
- Demonstrates expert knowledge in related disease states and the ability to serve as a technical and clinical resource to the medical community.
- Ability to manage time and a large geography.
- Ability to resolve customer issues.
- Demonstrate strong Presentation/Platform Skills.
- Demonstrates customer literacy and ability to interpret clinical and market data
Los Angeles, CA
Las Vegas, NV, Phoenix, AZ, Sacramento, CA, San Diego, CA, San Francisco, CA
Job ID R0009713