Summer Intern - GI Immunology
San Diego, California
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines.
Takeda California generates highly disease-specific and patient-tailored transformative new medicines aligned with Takeda’s global market strategies through research in Gastrointestinal (GI), Neuroscience and Immunology. Takeda California’s team of experienced scientists and clinicians deliver on the needs of patients by blending its internal capabilities, global Takeda resources, and expertise and technology from best-in-class external partners. Takeda California has opened a new 165,000 square-foot building which is an external innovation and collaboration hub for San Diego.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
Medicine for the world
We put the patient at the center of everything we do as we strive towards better health for people worldwide, through leading innovation in medicine.
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners.
“It’s about putting the patient at the center of everything we do. Takeda is very rooted in our four priorities of Patient, Trust, Reputation, Business, or PTRB.”
Chief of Staff
Meet Jen, the Chief of Staff and Head of Gastroenterology (GI) Therapeutic Area Unit General Operations in Boston, Massachusetts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2018.
Summer Intern - GI ImmunologyApply Now
This position will be responsible for providing in vitro pharmacology and executive assistant support.
- Perform RNA extraction and quantification
- Perform immunoblot protein analysis
- Perform cell culture
- Prepare samples for external shipments
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Undergraduate student in good academic standing with a focus in immunology, pharmaceutical science, or a related biological or chemical science field (Second or Third year students preferred)
- Students must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Expected hours: 10 - 20 hours while school is in session; up to 40 hours during school breaks
- Applicants must be highly motivated, self-starters with excellent oral and written communication.
- Applicants must be willing to work with rodents as well as human tissues, cells, and fluids.
- Candidate should have a strong interest in Immunology Biology.
- Previous experience with each of the following is preferred but not required: animal handling and dosing, RNA preparation/sequencing, qPCR, ELISA, MSD, and IHC.
- Potential exposure to cold temperatures, loud noises, reactive chemicals and possible rodent allergens.
San Diego, CA
Paid Intern (Fixed Term) (Trainee)
Job ID R0005317