Staff Scientist, In Vivo CNS EEGApply Now Job ID 1602746 Date posted02/20/2017 Location San Diego, California, United States;
- Uses EEG-based approaches to design and execute preclinical in vivo rodent studies independently as well in a team environment. This is a laboratory based position, thus it is expected a large amount of involvement and hands-on implication in the experimental design and execution
- Communicates with external partners to design and execute neurobehavioral experiments to inform on the progression of internal programs
- Supports external partnerships and will give his/her input into experiments supporting cognition effects of certain compounds, targets.
- Works independently to establish and validate protocols not yet set up in-house on as needed basis as well as troubleshoot issues by reviewing literature.
- Follows protocols, records detailed observations and data in electronic notebook system, creates summary reports for the projects and communicate results to the teams.
- Manages priorities, sets appropriate weekly workload for the in vivo studies, and trains junior personnel to perform studies.
- Participates in training programs, reviews and studies literature and design experiments, and provides updates at project meetings as appropriate.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- PH.D in a relevant field of Biology or related field with 0-3 years of experience OR,
- MS in in a relevant field of Biology or related field with at least 10 years laboratory research experience OR,
- BS in in a relevant field of Biology or related field with at least 12 years laboratory research experience
- At least 5 years of experience in drug discovery, particularly neuropharmacology studies in animal models of schizophrenia, autism or cognition
- Highly competent in EEG-based approaches. Furthermore animal handling, dosing compounds to animals, tissue collection, animal surgery and familiarity with neuropharmacology and CNS biology is also required
- Competencies in MEA, patch-clamp and other electrophysiological techniques would be a plus.
- Highly skilled on the use of software used to evaluate EEG signals as well as other electrophysiological outputs
- Skilled in statistical analysis, graphing programs like Graphpad Prism, PowerPoint presentations and Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and possess the ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to design and interpret experiments collaboratively and independently
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities to achieve desired goals
- Excellent attention to detail
- Carrying, handling and reaching for objects up to 25 lbs
- Able to work in a lab environment
- Exposure to hazardous, radioactive and toxic chemicals
- Potential exposure to rodent allergens
- Willingness to travel to various meetings, including overnight trips. Some international travel may be required.
we are driven to improve people's lives
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans. For more information, visithttp://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.