What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the top traits we are looking for and see if you have the right mix
Engage Others Motivates and influences others to gain support for ideas, strategies and actions in service to providing superior pharmaceutical products to patients; provides appropriate background so that messages are meaningful with audiences.
Collaboration Establishes productive relationships and partners with others across the organization to ensure common understanding of objectives and achieve shared goals.
Drive for Results Holds self and others accountable for delivering on commitments that align with our short- and long-term goals, never forgetting the end result is to help patients through innovation in medicine.
Strategic Approach Makes sound decisions that are consistent with our mission, values and organizational objectives.
Lead Change Proactively evaluates, promotes, and initiates change that creates value for patients, the organization, and our shareholders.
Self Awareness Seeks feedback from others, modifies self-perceptions and actions based on this feedback, and actively develops skills and behaviors to enhance contribution.
Develop Capabilities Seeks opportunities to develop oneself and others so that we can continue to achieve sustained growth.
Takeda builds strong, borderless and empowered teams through fairness and promoting shared goals. By working together, we optimize energy and can lead the change for a better world.
Takeda implements bold initiatives on a daily basis by striving for continuous improvement and encouraging enthusiasm and creativity. This value speaks to attracting the best minds in the industry that are committed to delivering novel therapies to patients worldwide.
Takeda respects and includes a broad range of people and ideas in its daily operations. Our organization encourages each individual to act with empathy and to apply their unique skills to realize the company’s true potential.
Takeda's drive comes from perseverance, urgency and a strong desire to contribute to patients. We put this passion to work in everything we do and demonstrate courage to fight for ideas and objectives to raise the quality of our solutions, create stronger ties with our stakeholders, and deliver results.
Takeda works to meet its responsibilities to stakeholders on a daily basis. We provide adequate support and challenge to ensure we deliver high-quality solutions that help more people around the world.
Takeda appropriately shares information and promotes honest, sincere dialogue with stakeholders to build trust. This trust enables us to strengthen our relationships with employees and external communities.
Medicine for the World
Inspired by Patients
Corporate Citizenship Activities
News and Events
Takeda's new research facility in San Diego, CA, to open Jan. 2019. "One of the really key features of this building is our intention to make it an external innovation and collaboration hub for San Diego,” said David Weitz, head of the unit. “Our cafeteria and all-employees space is actually outside security purposely, so that we can welcome the community in for events.” - San Diego Union Tribune, June 26, 2017.
One Vision: We aspire to cure cancer.
Takeda Pharmaceuticals is on the cutting edge of innovation, for more information on our latest breakthroughs and discoveries visit our newsroom today!
Recently Takeda California held their annual Tour de Takeda, donating $5 for every mile biked, ran or walked. By covering 3,362 miles, this year’s donation was $16,810! Funds were given to four non-profit organizations: Alzheimer’s Association of San Diego, Torrey Pines High School Foundation Science Department, Rancho YMCA’s Inclusion Program and Elementary Institute of Science.
Takeda is a global, innovation-driven pharmaceutical leader with 30,000 professionals working together across more than 70 countries. We have maintained an unwavering dedication to put patients first for more than 235 years while we live our values of Takeda-ism—Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance. We are united by our mission to strive towards Better Health and a Brighter Future for people worldwide through leading innovation in medicine.
We focus our research and development on the core therapeutic areas of oncology, gastroenterology, central nervous system, and on providing vaccines that address the most important infectious diseases. Novel products, especially in oncology and gastroenterology, as well as our presence in emerging markets, fuel our growth.
Takeda California generates highly disease-specific and patient-tailored transformative new medicines aligned with Takeda’s global market strategies through research in Gastrointestinal (GI), Central Nervous System (CNS) and Immunology. Takeda California’s team of experienced scientists and clinicians deliver on the needs of patients by blending its internal capabilities, global Takeda resources, and expertise and technology from best-in-class external partners. In early 2019, Takeda California will open a new 165,000 square-foot building with the intent to make it an external innovation and collaboration hub for San Diego.
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Staff Scientist, In Vivo CNS EEG in ourSan Diegooffice.
- Uses EEG-based approaches to design and execute preclinical in vivo rodent studies independently as well in a team environment. This is a laboratory based position, thus it is expected a large amount of involvement and hands-on implication in the experimental design and execution
- Communicates with external partners to design and execute neurobehavioral experiments to inform on the progression of internal programs
- Supports external partnerships and will give his/her input into experiments supporting cognition effects of certain compounds, targets.
- Works independently to establish and validate protocols not yet set up in-house on as needed basis as well as troubleshoot issues by reviewing literature.
- Follows protocols, records detailed observations and data in electronic notebook system, creates summary reports for the projects and communicate results to the teams.
- Manages priorities, sets appropriate weekly workload for the in vivo studies, and trains junior personnel to perform studies.
- Participates in training programs, reviews and studies literature and design experiments, and provides updates at project meetings as appropriate.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- PH.D in a relevant field of Biology or related field with 0-3 years of experience OR,
- MS in in a relevant field of Biology or related field with at least 10 years laboratory research experience OR,
- BS in in a relevant field of Biology or related field with at least 12 years laboratory research experience
- At least 5 years of experience in drug discovery, particularly neuropharmacology studies in animal models of schizophrenia, autism or cognition
- Highly competent in EEG-based approaches. Furthermore animal handling, dosing compounds to animals, tissue collection, animal surgery and familiarity with neuropharmacology and CNS biology is also required
- Competencies in MEA, patch-clamp and other electrophysiological techniques would be a plus.
- Highly skilled on the use of software used to evaluate EEG signals as well as other electrophysiological outputs
- Skilled in statistical analysis, graphing programs like Graphpad Prism, PowerPoint presentations and Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and possess the ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to design and interpret experiments collaboratively and independently
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities to achieve desired goals
- Excellent attention to detail
- Carrying, handling and reaching for objects up to 25 lbs
- Able to work in a lab environment
- Exposure to hazardous, radioactive and toxic chemicals
- Potential exposure to rodent allergens
- Willingness to travel to various meetings, including overnight trips. Some international travel may be required.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx