Staff Scientist, Discovery BiologyApply Now Job ID 1700269 Date posted02/16/2017 LocationSan Diego, California, United States;
- Plans and executes experiments characterizing target expression and cellular function in vitro using a wide variety of cell and molecular biology techniques.
- Designs and conducts ex vivo functional tissue pharmacology experiments.
- Conducts studies on disease mechanisms and mechanisms of drug action in vitro and in vivo; provides proof of concept for novel therapeutic targets.
- Manages relationships and projects with contract research organizations conducts ex vivo functional tissue pharmacology experiments.
- Provides analysis and interpretation of data; write study reports and present data effectively in all settings and with participants of all levels of the organization.
- Develops and contributes to company’s intellectual property domain by ways of patents and/or publications
- Supports project(s) of defined scope and moderate complexity
- Represents own research to senior leadership, or for scientific collaborations, or a national scientific conference
- Works exceptionally well with others in a team that operates as a unit on large projects.
- Provides assistance and guidance to junior members of the department. Serves as a source of technical expertise within the department.
- Responsible for maintaining a complete and concise laboratory notebook and writing of experimental procedures for required documents.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Ph.D. in a relevant field of biology or equivalent with 0-3 years Post Doc OR MS/MA with at least 10 years related laboratory research experience OR BS/BA with at least 12 years related laboratory research experience
- Experience and expertise in gastrointestinal research is preferred
- Ability to plan and execute experiments, critically evaluate and interpret data, and troubleshoot
- Extensive experience in mammalian cell culture and engineering cell lines
- Experience in culturing primary cells and assessing cell function by applying a range of in vitro techniques
- Knowledge and experience with tissue processing and imaging techniques such as confocal microscopy
- Experience with animal handling, drug administration, knowledge of mouse anatomy and tissue dissection
- Experience with immunoprecipitation, RT-qPCR, and RNA handling and preparation for microarray preferred
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task effectively
- Willingness to work in a team-oriented, dynamic and changing environment
- Skilled in statistical analysis and graphing programs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
we are driven to improve people's lives
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans. For more information, visithttp://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.