Recruitment Fraud Alert
Takeda has received reports that there are instances of identity thieves posing as Takeda employees in an attempt to steal personal information from job seekers. In these cases, identity thieves visit job-related websites and invite candidates to online chats. During the chat, they press job seekers to provide bank account information and personal identification numbers. If you receive unexpected offers of employment from people claiming to work for Takeda, we suggest you do not correspond with them, do not click any hyperlinks and do not open any attachments.
At Takeda, we will never ask for personal financial information during any step of the interview nor do we charge job seekers fees as part of the recruitment process. Takeda’s recruiting correspondence will be sent by a recruiting representative with an @takeda.com email address – not @gmail.com, @yahoo.com, @hotmail.com or any other email domain service.
If you believe you have been contacted by an unauthorized person, please contact your local law enforcement agency immediately.
Sr. Research Associate I/II - GI Inflammation
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
- Designs and executes in vivo pharmacology study protocols to support preclinical discovery projects with ability to work in different disease models of autoimmunity/inflammation
- Designs and executes ex vivo analyses on samples generated from in vivo studies
- Performs complex research lab assignments independently
- Contributes to experimental design of and implementation of improvements for routine procedures
- Independently conducts complex in vivo and ex vivo experiments within a project scope, exercising judgement to evaluate a variety of technical factors, and obtain optimum solutions
- Independently provides work group with technical guidance and problem resolution related to methods, procedures, and processess
- Exercises technical judgement in execution of specialized procedures and interpretation of complex results
- Expected to organize time and plan specifics of project related work with oversight from manager
- Initiates routine and non-routine problem investigation and recommends solutions
- Performs calculations and basic analysis on experimental results and develops hypotheses
- Contributes to design of well-defined experimental procedures
- Maintains responsibility for routine laboratory instrumentation and supplies
- Maintains good records
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise(Breadth and depth of knowledge, application and complexity of technical knowledge)
- Demonstrates significant knowledge of basic Immunology and in vivo pharmacology principles and techniques and undertakes studies with little guidance from supervisor.
- Designs and executes in vivo pharmacology study protocols to support preclinical discovery projects with ability to work in different disease models of autoimmunity/inflammation.
- Performs and monitors all categories of in vivo studies, including necropsies.
- Doses animals by PO/IP/IV/SC routes
- Injects various immunological agents to establish known and/or novel experimental models
- Demonstrates basic technical knowledge of ex vivo immunological assays and analysis methods, including but not limited to ELISA, PCR, cell isolation from tissue, simple cell culture and cell stimulation assays.
- Understands specific scientific mechanisms of why a procedure works
- Keeps an accurate, comprehensible, concise notebook in accordance with company policy
- Some weekend work may be required
- Communicates results to the manager and other stakeholders
- Is able to present and discuss results in project team meetings
- Receives general instructions on routine work; detailed instructions on new assignments
- Under supervisor’s direction, innovates methods to increase robustness and efficiency
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- BS in a scientific discipline (or equivalent) with 4+ years industry experience, or MS with 1 year industry experience in a scientific discipline. Industry experience preferred.
- Demonstrates significant knowledge of basic Immunology and in vivo pharmacology
- Contributes to the improvement of in vivo immunology pharmacology scientific methods; participates in the development of hypothesis, conducts analysis of results and draws conclusions; makes modifications to experimental procedures and techniques
- Communicates and collaborates with colleagues effectively
- Knowledge in the use of Microsoft Office programs and Graphpad Prizm
This job posting excludes CO applicants
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.