Sr Director / Director, CNS ResearchApply Now Job ID 1602831 Date posted12/15/2016 LocationSan Diego, California, United States;
- Guided by the DDU and TAU strategy, sets the strategy for the TCAL CNS DDU group
- Leads the selection of new drug targets and executes efficient preclinical and clinical validation, incorporating target engagement and/or functional biomarkers of drug action
- Expands portfolio to incorporate large molecule therapeutics and collaborates with the Takeda functions and external partners to enable their progression to clinical PoM.
- Develops an innovation portfolio with Takeda partners, CROs and academic collaborators that can test and deliver the next generation of CNS drug discovery concepts
- Seeks, evaluates and proposes preclinical/clinical in-licensing candidates.
- Identifies, engages, and ensures the success of research partnerships across Takeda’s global network and the external scientific community.
- Keeps up-to-date with the latest scientific advancements (e.g. competitive situation, new technologies and partnerships) and is well informed about current regulatory (FDA etc.) requirements and trends.
- Sets departmental scientific and business goals and manages the financial budget and other administrative functions
- Has significant accountability for the performance and results of functional groups or strategic business, scientific or support function
- Leads, coaches, and provides direct scientific leadership to group members
- Works with the leadership team, TREC and TAU to allocate appropriate resources to ensure timely achievement of pipeline and technology goals
- Develops talent within the department, providing performance feedback and training opportunities.
- Implements initiatives and best practices to ensure an open and free scientific culture that is rich in diversity.
- Collaborates with senior management to manage company operations, set company-wide policies and ensure compliance
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- PhD in Life Sciences or equivalent with at least 10 years of relevant experience
- Well informed in all areas of drug discovery from target identification through preclinical research, including biomarker, and PK/PD/Tox assays.
- Track record of accomplishment in research as evidenced by quality and quantity of publications and/or inventions and/or products and clinical candidates.
- Track record of leading complex cross-functional collaborations
- Demonstrated ability to organize the activities of a large team of scientists working in highly diverse scientific areas, including managing relationships with academic collaborators and CROs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including preparation and organization of data for efficient presentation to any internal or external senior audience or partner.
- Manual dexterity required to operate office equipment (i.e. computers, phones, etc.).
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Carrying, handling and reaching for 25 lb. objects.
- Willingness to travel to various meetings or client sites, including overnight trips.
- Some international travel will be required, likely several times yearly.
- Requires approximately 15% or more travel.
we are driven to improve people's lives
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans. For more information, visithttp://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.