What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the top traits we are looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Engage Others Motivates and influences others to gain support for ideas, strategies and actions in service to providing superior pharmaceutical products to patients; provides appropriate background so that messages are meaningful with audiences.
Collaboration Establishes productive relationships and partners with others across the organization to ensure common understanding of objectives and achieve shared goals.
Drive for Results Holds self and others accountable for delivering on commitments that align with our short- and long-term goals, never forgetting the end result is to help patients through innovation in medicine.
Strategic Approach Makes sound decisions that are consistent with our mission, values and organizational objectives.
Lead Change Proactively evaluates, promotes, and initiates change that creates value for patients, the organization, and our shareholders.
Self Awareness Seeks feedback from others, modifies self-perceptions and actions based on this feedback, and actively develops skills and behaviors to enhance contribution.
Develop Capabilities Seeks opportunities to develop oneself and others so that we can continue to achieve sustained growth.
Takeda builds strong, borderless and empowered teams through fairness and promoting shared goals. By working together, we optimize energy and can lead the change for a better world.
Takeda implements bold initiatives on a daily basis by striving for continuous improvement and encouraging enthusiasm and creativity. This value speaks to attracting the best minds in the industry that are committed to delivering novel therapies to patients worldwide.
Takeda respects and includes a broad range of people and ideas in its daily operations. Our organization encourages each individual to act with empathy and to apply their unique skills to realize the company’s true potential.
Takeda's drive comes from perseverance, urgency and a strong desire to contribute to patients. We put this passion to work in everything we do and demonstrate courage to fight for ideas and objectives to raise the quality of our solutions, create stronger ties with our stakeholders, and deliver results.
Takeda works to meet its responsibilities to stakeholders on a daily basis. We provide adequate support and challenge to ensure we deliver high-quality solutions that help more people around the world.
Takeda appropriately shares information and promotes honest, sincere dialogue with stakeholders to build trust. This trust enables us to strengthen our relationships with employees and external communities.
Medicine for the World
Inspired by Patients
Corporate Citizenship Activities
News and Events
Takeda's new research facility in San Diego, CA, to open Jan. 2019. "One of the really key features of this building is our intention to make it an external innovation and collaboration hub for San Diego,” said David Weitz, head of the unit. “Our cafeteria and all-employees space is actually outside security purposely, so that we can welcome the community in for events.” - San Diego Union Tribune, June 26, 2017.
One Vision: We aspire to cure cancer.
Takeda Pharmaceuticals is on the cutting edge of innovation, for more information on our latest breakthroughs and discoveries visit our newsroom today!
Recently Takeda California held their annual Tour de Takeda, donating $5 for every mile biked, ran or walked. By covering 3,362 miles, this year’s donation was $16,810! Funds were given to four non-profit organizations: Alzheimer’s Association of San Diego, Torrey Pines High School Foundation Science Department, Rancho YMCA’s Inclusion Program and Elementary Institute of Science.
Takeda has maintained an unwavering dedication to put patients first for more than 235 years while we live our values of Takeda-ism—Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance. We are united by our mission to strive towards Better Health and a Brighter Future for people worldwide through leading innovation in medicine.
We focus our research and development on the core therapeutic areas of oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, and on providing vaccines that address the most important infectious diseases. Novel products, especially in oncology and gastroenterology, as well as our presence in emerging markets, fuel our growth.
Takeda California generates highly disease-specific and patient-tailored transformative new medicines aligned with Takeda’s global market strategies through research in Gastrointestinal (GI), Neuroscience and Immunology. Takeda California’s team of experienced scientists and clinicians deliver on the needs of patients by blending its internal capabilities, global Takeda resources, and expertise and technology from best-in-class external partners. In early 2019, Takeda California will open a new 165,000 square-foot building with the intent to make it an external innovation and collaboration hub for San Diego.
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Sr Scientist, Molecular Genetics in Early Target Discovery (ETD) at our San Diego office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Sr Scientist working on the ETD team, you will be empowered to lead target discovery and validation efforts that utilize patient genetics in Neurological and/or Autoimmune disorders or Rare diseases aligned with Takeda's related Drug Discovery Units (DDUs).
The Sr Scientist of Early Target Discovery, based in San Diego, is responsible for leadership of target identification and validation (TIDVAL) efforts in alignment with Takeda DDU priorities and employ cutting edge technologies in the areas of molecular genetics and functional genomics and lead to the initiation of formal drug discovery campaigns by Takeda Research. The Sr Scientist coordinates the ETD’s TIDVAL efforts leveraging patient genetics in Neurological and/or Autoimmune disorders or Rare diseases with Takeda’s related DDU. The Sr Scientist insures that the group is employing the most current, effective and applicable technologies and design methodologies in functional genomics and patient genetics studies, whether internally or externally, to initiate Takeda’s drug discovery programs.
- Coordinates the ETD’s TIDVAL efforts in Neurological and/or Autoimmune disorders or Rare diseases with Takeda’s related DDU.
- Serves as project leader to identify high quality targets in Neurological and/or Autoimmune disorders or Rare diseases leading to initiation of drug discovery programs in alignment with Takeda DDU priorities.
- Proactively builds external relationships and collaborations that supplement the group’s internal capabilities so that the group is best capable to advance and prioritize Takeda’s drug discovery programs through functional genomics and human genetics follow up techniques for TIDVAL, whether internally or externally.
- Leads the identification, evaluation and utilization of new and emerging technologies for rapid TIDVAL based on patient genetics and disease biomarker discovery.
- Works effectively to partner with Takeda research leaders in other functional areas to champion patient genetics for TIDVAL and prioritization of drug discovery projects.
- Supports an overall group culture that is agile, proactive, collaborative, innovative, and external facing
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Ph.D. in human genetics or functional/molecular genomics with publication(s), and a combined 5+ years of postdoctoral and biotech/pharma drug discovery experience. Group leadership experience is a plus.
- MS in genetics and minimum 11+ years of biotech/pharma experience in human genetics. Group leadership experience is a plus.
- Proven track record of applying human genetics and/or functional genomics TIDVAL in drug discovery in one of the therapeutic areas is a plus.
- Proven track record of scientific contributions in human genetics and functional genomics as evidenced by quality and quantity of publications and presentations.
- Experience in GWAS, WES, extreme phenotypes genetics, and/or protective allele discovery is required.
- Professionally represents the group and company more broadly in collaborations, partnership discussions, and external relationships and conferences with the ability to convey ideas in an experimentally detailed yet scientifically concise and effective manner.
- Positive can-do attitude with strong collaboration skills and ability to team effectively with drug discovery scientists.
- Highly motivated and flexible with ability to work in fast-paced environment. Ability to provide novel creative solutions to challenging problems. Desire to learn and tackle new challenges and initiatives.
- Possesses a high degree of scientific discretion/intuition and integrity
- May travel to some domestic conferences or client sites, including overnight trips. Some international travel may be required
- Requires approximately 10% travel
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Program
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
San Diego, CA
Job ID R0000689
Explore the Area
Check out where you could be
working if you apply.