What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the top traits we are looking for and see if you have the right mix
Engage Others Motivates and influences others to gain support for ideas, strategies and actions in service to providing superior pharmaceutical products to patients; provides appropriate background so that messages are meaningful with audiences.
Collaboration Establishes productive relationships and partners with others across the organization to ensure common understanding of objectives and achieve shared goals.
Drive for Results Holds self and others accountable for delivering on commitments that align with our short- and long-term goals, never forgetting the end result is to help patients through innovation in medicine.
Strategic Approach Makes sound decisions that are consistent with our mission, values and organizational objectives.
Lead Change Proactively evaluates, promotes, and initiates change that creates value for patients, the organization, and our shareholders.
Self Awareness Seeks feedback from others, modifies self-perceptions and actions based on this feedback, and actively develops skills and behaviors to enhance contribution.
Develop Capabilities Seeks opportunities to develop oneself and others so that we can continue to achieve sustained growth.
Takeda builds strong, borderless and empowered teams through fairness and promoting shared goals. By working together, we optimize energy and can lead the change for a better world.
Takeda implements bold initiatives on a daily basis by striving for continuous improvement and encouraging enthusiasm and creativity. This value speaks to attracting the best minds in the industry that are committed to delivering novel therapies to patients worldwide.
Takeda respects and includes a broad range of people and ideas in its daily operations. Our organization encourages each individual to act with empathy and to apply their unique skills to realize the company’s true potential.
Takeda's drive comes from perseverance, urgency and a strong desire to contribute to patients. We put this passion to work in everything we do and demonstrate courage to fight for ideas and objectives to raise the quality of our solutions, create stronger ties with our stakeholders, and deliver results.
Takeda works to meet its responsibilities to stakeholders on a daily basis. We provide adequate support and challenge to ensure we deliver high-quality solutions that help more people around the world.
Takeda appropriately shares information and promotes honest, sincere dialogue with stakeholders to build trust. This trust enables us to strengthen our relationships with employees and external communities.
Medicine for the World
Inspired by Patients
Corporate Citizenship Activities
News and Events
Takeda's new research facility in San Diego, CA, to open Jan. 2019. "One of the really key features of this building is our intention to make it an external innovation and collaboration hub for San Diego,” said David Weitz, head of the unit. “Our cafeteria and all-employees space is actually outside security purposely, so that we can welcome the community in for events.” - San Diego Union Tribune, June 26, 2017.
One Vision: We aspire to cure cancer.
Takeda Pharmaceuticals is on the cutting edge of innovation, for more information on our latest breakthroughs and discoveries visit our newsroom today!
Recently Takeda California held their annual Tour de Takeda, donating $5 for every mile biked, ran or walked. By covering 3,362 miles, this year’s donation was $16,810! Funds were given to four non-profit organizations: Alzheimer’s Association of San Diego, Torrey Pines High School Foundation Science Department, Rancho YMCA’s Inclusion Program and Elementary Institute of Science.
Takeda is a global, innovation-driven pharmaceutical leader with 30,000 professionals working together across more than 70 countries. We have maintained an unwavering dedication to put patients first for more than 235 years while we live our values of Takeda-ism—Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance. We are united by our mission to strive towards Better Health and a Brighter Future for people worldwide through leading innovation in medicine.
We focus our research and development on the core therapeutic areas of oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, and on providing vaccines that address the most important infectious diseases. Novel products, especially in oncology and gastroenterology, as well as our presence in emerging markets, fuel our growth.
Takeda California generates highly disease-specific and patient-tailored transformative new medicines aligned with Takeda’s global market strategies through research in Gastrointestinal (GI), Neuroscience and Immunology. Takeda California’s team of experienced scientists and clinicians deliver on the needs of patients by blending its internal capabilities, global Takeda resources, and expertise and technology from best-in-class external partners. In early 2019, Takeda California will open a new 165,000 square-foot building with the intent to make it an external innovation and collaboration hub for San Diego.
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Senior Research Associate II, Medicinal Chemistry in our San Diego, California office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Senior Research Associate II, Medicinal Chemistry on the Medicinal Chemistry Research team, you will be empowered to contribute to the prioritization of synthetic targets for lead discovery and optimization.
- The Senior Research Associate II, Medicinal Chemistry under minimal supervision, supports TCAL drug discovery projects through the chemical synthesis of biologically active small-molecules and synthetic intermediates.
- Conducts the synthesis of complex target molecules. Designs viable synthetic routes and performs literature searches in support of research. Develops solutions to synthetic problems with little guidance and troubleshoots experiments to achieve goals. Analyzes and interprets scientific data independently.
- Contributes to the prioritization of synthetic targets for lead discovery and optimization.
- Effectively utilizes structure-activity relationships and medicinal chemistry principles to contribute to the design of relevant and innovative compounds.
- Maintains a current understanding of the organic chemistry literature.
- Demonstrates a basic understanding of biological assays and methodologies and integrates this into a medicinal chemistry strategy.
- Presents/presents written and oral reports on scientific work.
- Responsible for maintaining a complete and concise laboratory notebook and writing experimental procedures for patent disclosures.
- Contributes to authorship of patent applications and scientific papers.
- Contributes to the improvement of scientific methods; participates in the development of hypothesis, conducts analysis of results and draws conclusions; may make modifications to experimental procedures and techniques
- Presents data to other scientific staff or cross-functional project team; may present data/posters to external research or scientific community
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- MS/MA in Chemistry with minimum 2 years experience in small-molecule drug discovery, OR
- BS/BA in Chemistry with minimum 6 years experience in small-molecule drug discovery
- Demonstrated ability to solve scientific problems creatively, effectively and independently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Clear understanding of experimental design
- Practical experience in Medicinal Chemistry
- Proficiency with chemistry drawing software (e.g., Chemdraw) and MS office applications
- Strong knowledge of lab equipment such as rotary evaporators, NMR, analytical and prep HPLC, LC-MS, chromatography equipment, etcetera
- Exposure to hazardous/toxic/dangerous chemicals and biohazards
- Prolonged standing in the laboratory to perform synthetic organic chemistry.
- Manual dexterity required to operate standard laboratory equipment (i.e. LCMS, NMR, etc.).
- Carrying, handling and reaching for objects
- May travel to scientific conferences and attend career development training courses
- Requires up to 1% travel
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
San Diego, CA
Explore the Area
Check out where you could be
working if you apply.