What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the top traits we are looking for and see if you have the right mix
Engage Others Motivates and influences others to gain support for ideas, strategies and actions in service to providing superior pharmaceutical products to patients; provides appropriate background so that messages are meaningful with audiences.
Collaboration Establishes productive relationships and partners with others across the organization to ensure common understanding of objectives and achieve shared goals.
Drive for Results Holds self and others accountable for delivering on commitments that align with our short- and long-term goals, never forgetting the end result is to help patients through innovation in medicine.
Strategic Approach Makes sound decisions that are consistent with our mission, values and organizational objectives.
Lead Change Proactively evaluates, promotes, and initiates change that creates value for patients, the organization, and our shareholders.
Self Awareness Seeks feedback from others, modifies self-perceptions and actions based on this feedback, and actively develops skills and behaviors to enhance contribution.
Develop Capabilities Seeks opportunities to develop oneself and others so that we can continue to achieve sustained growth.
Takeda builds strong, borderless and empowered teams through fairness and promoting shared goals. By working together, we optimize energy and can lead the change for a better world.
Takeda implements bold initiatives on a daily basis by striving for continuous improvement and encouraging enthusiasm and creativity. This value speaks to attracting the best minds in the industry that are committed to delivering novel therapies to patients worldwide.
Takeda respects and includes a broad range of people and ideas in its daily operations. Our organization encourages each individual to act with empathy and to apply their unique skills to realize the company’s true potential.
Takeda's drive comes from perseverance, urgency and a strong desire to contribute to patients. We put this passion to work in everything we do and demonstrate courage to fight for ideas and objectives to raise the quality of our solutions, create stronger ties with our stakeholders, and deliver results.
Takeda works to meet its responsibilities to stakeholders on a daily basis. We provide adequate support and challenge to ensure we deliver high-quality solutions that help more people around the world.
Takeda appropriately shares information and promotes honest, sincere dialogue with stakeholders to build trust. This trust enables us to strengthen our relationships with employees and external communities.
Medicine for the World
Inspired by Patients
Corporate Citizenship Activities
News and Events
Takeda's new research facility in San Diego, CA, to open Jan. 2019. "One of the really key features of this building is our intention to make it an external innovation and collaboration hub for San Diego,” said David Weitz, head of the unit. “Our cafeteria and all-employees space is actually outside security purposely, so that we can welcome the community in for events.” - San Diego Union Tribune, June 26, 2017.
One Vision: We aspire to cure cancer.
Takeda Pharmaceuticals is on the cutting edge of innovation, for more information on our latest breakthroughs and discoveries visit our newsroom today!
Recently Takeda California held their annual Tour de Takeda, donating $5 for every mile biked, ran or walked. By covering 3,362 miles, this year’s donation was $16,810! Funds were given to four non-profit organizations: Alzheimer’s Association of San Diego, Torrey Pines High School Foundation Science Department, Rancho YMCA’s Inclusion Program and Elementary Institute of Science.
Takeda is a global, innovation-driven pharmaceutical leader with 30,000 professionals working together across more than 70 countries. We have maintained an unwavering dedication to put patients first for more than 235 years while we live our values of Takeda-ism—Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance. We are united by our mission to strive towards Better Health and a Brighter Future for people worldwide through leading innovation in medicine.
We focus our research and development on the core therapeutic areas of oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, and on providing vaccines that address the most important infectious diseases. Novel products, especially in oncology and gastroenterology, as well as our presence in emerging markets, fuel our growth.
Takeda California generates highly disease-specific and patient-tailored transformative new medicines aligned with Takeda’s global market strategies through research in Gastrointestinal (GI), Neuroscience and Immunology. Takeda California’s team of experienced scientists and clinicians deliver on the needs of patients by blending its internal capabilities, global Takeda resources, and expertise and technology from best-in-class external partners. In early 2019, Takeda California will open a new 165,000 square-foot building with the intent to make it an external innovation and collaboration hub for San Diego.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Senior Research Associate II working on the Immunology Research team, you will be empowered to design and execute In-Vivo Immunology Pharmacology protocols to support discovery projects.
- Designs and executes in vivo Immunology pharmacology protocols to support TCAL discovery projects with ability to work in different models of autoimmune/inflammation.
- Delivers quantitative analyses of tissue and serum specimens from pre-clinical efficacy, PK/PD, clinical and safety assessment studies to support lead candidates and IND submissions
- Contributes to in vivo mechanism of action studies for clinical candidates
- Demonstrates significant knowledge of basic Immunology in vivo pharmacology principles and techniques and undertakes studies with little guidance from supervisor.
- Independently executes in vivo study protocols
- Contributes to the development of new Immunology models, methods and technologies for project advancement
- Performs and monitors all categories of in vivo studies.
- Doses animals by PO/IP/IV routes
- Performs solubilization and evaluation of test materials
- Injects various immunological agents to establish known and/or novel experimental models
- Performs necropsy analysis
- Performs terminal bleeding of animals for analysis
- Investigates, creates, designs and develops new methods and technologies for project advancement in collaboration with supervisor
- Keeps an accurate, comprehensible, concise notebook in accordance with company policy
- May assist in training lower level staff members
- Maintains a safe and organized lab bench
- Communicates and collaborates with colleagues effectively
- Contributes to the improvement of in vivo immunology pharmacology scientific methods; participates in the development of hypothesis, conducts analysis of results and draws conclusions; may make modifications to experimental procedures and techniques
- With latitude in specific areas, plans and executes experiments with appropriate controls; decisions have moderate to advanced scope and impact technical operations or project deadlines
- Manages a number and wide variety of tasks, techniques, and projects; may act as a scientific mentor to others
- Proactively identifies complex obstacles to progress in specific areas; recommends and implements solutions using a diverse set of resources; improves work processes; develops innovative scientific methodologies and approaches to enhance research efforts;
- Participates on cross-functional team and provides technical leadership in area of expertise; may lead an initiative or one of a broader scope with a less-defined outcome; mentors junior personnel
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Minimum requirements are a BS/BA with at least 8 years laboratory research experience, OR
- MS with at least 6 or more yrs laboratory research experience
- Experience in animal handling, test article administration
- Skilled and proficient at making detailed observations, analyzing data, and interpreting results so as to be able to suggest, design and pursue relevant experiments
- Highly skilled in animal handling, including animal surgeries and test article administration (e.g., IP, PO, IV, SC, etc)
- Working knowledge of in vivo pharmacology principles
- Demonstrated ability to solve scientific problems creatively, effectively and independently
- Willing to assist with in vivo Pharmacology objectives in general
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good multitasking skills
- While performing the duties of this job, the colleague is regularly required to use hands to handle animals, palpate tissues/objects, use surgical tools, or controls, and to reach with hands or arms.
- The colleague must lift or move up to 10 pounds on a regular basis in the course of daily activities.
- Willingness to travel to various meetings, including overnight trips. Some international travel may be required.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.