Senior Research Associate II, DMPK Translational ResearchApply Now Job ID 1601888 Date posted12/22/2016 LocationSan Diego, California, United States;
- As a member of Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetic (DMPK) Translational Research group at Takeda, you will participate in drug discovery and development through development and execution of quantitative biomarker assay development
- Primary duties to be performed under minimal supervision are to:
- Design and execute assays to quantify proteins, peptides and antibodies to support TCAL projects
- Develop analytical methods and conduct quantitative analysis of biomarkers in study samples independently
- Conduct data interpretation and reporting of study results and conclusions
- Design, execute and report key biomarker data to support portfolio
- Evaluate and develop fit-for-purpose biomarker assays via LC-MS/MS technologies, ligand-binding assays, or other appropriate assay systems
- Prepares protocols for and conducts routine sample preparation and analysis of serum and/or tissue samples
- Will assist in preparation of technical reports or summaries.
- Evaluate new techniques, technologies and equipment (LC-MS/MS, FACS, etc).
- Assists in the implementation of new methods and processes.
- Participates in the interpretation of scientific data.
- With some guidance, plans, conducts, evaluates and interprets non-routine laboratory experiments.
- Remains current with new practices and procedures in relevant literature.
- Provides solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Collaborates and communicates within and across departments.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate records of ongoing projects in a laboratory notebook.
- May contribute to authorship of technical reports, manuscripts or posters.
- May present data to cross-functional project team; may present data/posters at external or internal conferences.
- Follow company safety procedures.
- Maintains lab equipment and supplies as necessary.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Qualified candidates will have experience in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry with hands-on experience with conducting bioanalysis of proteins, peptides and/or antibodies from human and animal derived tissues and biological matrices
- BS/MS in Pharmaceutical Sciences/Chemistry/Biochemistry/Biology or related coursework and 8+ years of relevant experience or MS with 6+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience in the development and validation of LC/MS assays for the quantitation of proteins and/or peptidesin industry.
- Experience in multiple techniques applicable to quantitative measurement of proteins, peptides and/or antibodies for pharmacokinetic and/or pharmacodynamic analysis, including ECL (Meso Scale Discovery Platform or similar), LC/MS, etc.
- Ability to identify and implement (where and when appropriate) new technologies for the advancement of quantitative biomarker analytics
- Experience with bioanalysis using cell-based assays (binding/bioassays) a plus
- Experience with SoftMax Pro software, MSD Discovery Workbench, and Bioanalytical LIMS ( such as Watson-LIMS and/or StatLIA)
- Skilled and proficient at making detailed observations, analyzing data, and interpreting results so as to be able to suggest, design and pursue relevant experiments
- Experienced in reporting study results for internal decision making
- Demonstrated ability to solve scientific problems creatively, effectively and independently
- Willing to assist with DMPK department objectives in general
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good multitasking skills
- Manual dexterity required to operate standard laboratory and office equipment
- Carrying, handling and reaching for objects
- Exposure to hazardous/toxic/dangerous chemicals
- Prolonged standing and/or sitting.
- Willingness to travel to various meetings or client sites, including overnight trips. Some international travel may be required.
we are driven to improve people's lives
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans. For more information, visithttp://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.