Senior Product Engineer, Scientific Informatics
San Diego, California
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2018.
Senior Product Engineer, Scientific InformaticsApply Now
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Senior Engineer in our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
For the Takeda global scientific community who aspire to deliver transformative medicines to patients Scientific Informatics is the technology leader, with domain specific expertise, that provides innovative platforms and technologies to improve both operational efficiency and data-driven decision making. As an embedded partnerScientific Informatics is at the leading edge of both science and technology and proactively reacts to the changing scientific environment and needs of researchers in an agile fashion to deliver timely, value-adding solutions.
As a Senior Product Engineer in the Scientific Informatics team, you will be designing and implementing state of the art technologies to serve our diverse research and development pipeline. You will work directly with product owners to imagine and build world class solutions for our scientists. Your expertise in product-driven agile development, micro-service architectures, and modern system integrations will provide opportunities for creativity and leadership within our team.
- Provide engineering leadership in designing and building new Takeda products
- Work directly with product owners to design and prioritize system enhancements
- Design and implement a continuous development pipeline for our engineering team
- Manage and evangelize our technology platforms within Scientific Informatics
- Collaborate with our global team to define the future of Takeda’s technical tools and platforms
- Manage external engineering teams to deliver new products and modernize existing product architectures
- You will work independently to define architecture and execute development sprints with guidance from Scientific Informatics leadership.
- The successful Senior Product Engineer will apply creativity and rigor as an independent contributor while also assisting junior members in a collaborative environment.
- A Senior Product Engineer in the Scientific Informatics group will strive to continuously improve our technology solutions by developing a deep understanding of our application landscape and business strategies.
- As part of the engineering team you will identify and evaluate new technology trends to enable our globally distributed organization to
- Builds strong relationships with both R&D and other IT functions and employs effective negotiation skills to reach agreement with internal or external parties and act as a point of escalation for complex non-routine problems
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s or equivalent in Computer Science, Cheminformatics, Bioinformatics or a related quantitative field
- Advanced Python and Java programming experience
- Four or more years of experience with SQL development for Oracle
- Deep understanding of the commercial scientific applications used for small drug discovery and analytics, such as solutions from Biovia, Certara, Dotmatics, Scilligence, ChemAxon, Perkin Elmer, Genedata, Schrodinger, OpenEye, Sinequa, and ACD Labs
- Experience with micro-service architectures and cloud deployments
- Active participation in the scientific and technology community with up to date knowledge of modern engineering technologies
- Evidence of Up-to-date expertise in the scientific informatics field
- Strong interpersonal and excellent oral and written communications skills, business acumen with problem solving and analytical skills
- Master or higher Degree in Computer Science, Cheminformatics, Bioinformatics or a related quantitative field
- Experience with low-code development solutions
- Experience of working with research chemists or biologists in an academic or industrial setting for learning pipeline development
- Two or more years of experience with Jira and Agile development
- Real-world experience with automated deployments (Bamboo, Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, etc) and configuration management technologies.
- Deep understanding of pharmaceutical R&D scientific processes.
- Proven experience with cloud-based computing environments and microservice-based implementations
- Experience with the design and development of pharmaceutical life sciences solutions.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
San Diego, CA
Job ID R0016716