Recruitment Fraud Alert
Takeda has received reports that there are instances of identity thieves posing as Takeda employees in an attempt to steal personal information from job seekers. In these cases, identity thieves visit job-related websites and invite candidates to online chats. During the chat, they press job seekers to provide bank account information and personal identification numbers. If you receive unexpected offers of employment from people claiming to work for Takeda, we suggest you do not correspond with them, do not click any hyperlinks and do not open any attachments.
At Takeda, we will never ask for personal financial information during any step of the interview nor do we charge job seekers fees as part of the recruitment process. Takeda’s recruiting correspondence will be sent by a recruiting representative with an @takeda.com email address – not @gmail.com, @yahoo.com, @hotmail.com or any other email domain service.
If you believe you have been contacted by an unauthorized person, please contact your local law enforcement agency immediately.
Scientist II RNA Biochemistry
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Scientist II RNA Biochemistry at our San Diego Research Site.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Scientist in drug discovery, you will be empowered to serve on project teams.
Takeda is looking for an enthusiastic and innovative RNA biochemist to support the development of small molecules modulators of RNA function. The research scientist-II has a strong record in the in vitro characterization of RNAs, and their interactions with small molecules and proteins. The candidate will design and implement strategies to investigate RNA modifying enzymes such as ribonucleases, as well as methods to evaluate mRNA splicing and translation.
The candidate is experienced in the design and optimization of RNA constructs for in vitro studies and works effectively with computational biologics, chemists, biophysicists and biologist to accelerate drug discovery projects. Scientists-II is well versed in the management of externalized work and has excellent laboratory and data interpretation skills. As a member of the Drug Discovery Sciences team, Scientist-II will play a critical role in developing therapies against currently undruggable diseases in the areas of Neurosciences, oncology, rare diseases and GI.
- Expert in the development and implementation of multiple in vitro assays; TR-FRET, minigene reporter assays, enzymatic, etc.
- Experienced in the design of RNA constructs for biophysical and biochemical characterization
- Deep understanding of RNA biology
- Excellent knowledge in enzyme kinetics, IC50s, KD values and mechanism of action experiments
- Strong data analysis and interpretation skills
- Communicates and collaborate effectively with project team members
- Contributes to functional problem resolution and objective setting
- Interprets results of complex experiments, and integrates data produced by other disciplines
- Contributes to functional scientific discussion
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Deep understanding of RNA function and methods to characterize RNAs using biochemical and cell assays
- Knowledge of the drug discovery process
- Acts as the recognized scientific resource on an aspect of a program
- Demonstrates effective project engagement skills
- Identifies, plans and executes novel scientific projects and may manage the work of others a direct or matrixed structure
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Independently manages workload and expectations
- Scientifically independent
- May influence decision making within the department
- Conducts scientific presentations to internal audiences
- Receives high level instructions on all work, determines methods on new assignments, works closely with manager, may manage junior staff
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- PhD degree in a scientific discipline with 2+ years experience , or
- MS with 8+ years experience, or
- BS with 10+ years experience
This job posting excludes CO applicants
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.