Scientist II - Proteomics
San Diego, California
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines.
Takeda California generates highly disease-specific and patient-tailored transformative new medicines aligned with Takeda’s global market strategies through research in Gastrointestinal (GI), Neuroscience and Immunology. Takeda California’s team of experienced scientists and clinicians deliver on the needs of patients by blending its internal capabilities, global Takeda resources, and expertise and technology from best-in-class external partners. Takeda California has opened a new 165,000 square-foot building which is an external innovation and collaboration hub for San Diego.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
Medicine for the world
We put the patient at the center of everything we do as we strive towards better health for people worldwide, through leading innovation in medicine.
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners.
“It’s about putting the patient at the center of everything we do. Takeda is very rooted in our four priorities of Patient, Trust, Reputation, Business, or PTRB.”
Chief of Staff
Meet Jen, the Chief of Staff and Head of Gastroenterology (GI) Therapeutic Area Unit General Operations in Boston, Massachusetts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Scientist II - ProteomicsApply Now
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Scientist in Scientist II Proteomics at our San Diego Research Site.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Scientist in Proteomics, you will be empowered to serve on project teams.
Contributes to design, development and execution of research assignments, potentially contributing to multiple projects
SCOPE Takeda’s Drug Discovery Sciences (DDS) team is seeking a collaborative, creative and talented mass spectrometrist to join our biophysics group. DDS is focused on delivering transformative therapies to patients by developing new technologies in emergent areas of drug discovery such as targeted protein degradation and small molecule RNA modulators.
Senior Scientist-Mass Spectrometry will design, develop, and implement proteomics and chemo-proteomics strategies to accelerate drug discovery programs in the areas of Oncology, Neurosciences, Rare and Gastrointestinal diseases. Senior Scientist-Mass Spectrometry will also stablish and lead external collaborators with private and academic institutions to access new technologies and develop novel approaches to accelerate Takeda’s drug discovery efforts.
- Design and perform quantitative proteomics, isobaric labeling (TMT, iTRAQ), label-free quantification and peptide fragmentation experiments
- Stablish engagement (pSILAC) and label-free proteome profiling (DART, SPROX) assays
- Lead bottom-up mass spectrometry-based studies for in cell and in-vitro quantitative proteomics
- Develop and implement approaches for small molecule target identification, engagement and validation (site-selective protein modification, photo affinity cross-linking, activity-based protein profiling (ABPP).
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Expertise in quantitative proteomics techniques, isobaric labeling methods (TMT, iTRAQ), label-free quantification approaches and peptide fragmentation methods
- Experience in target engagement methods (pSILAC) and label-free proteome profiling (DART, SPROX)
- Experience in bottom-up mass spectrometry-based applications for in cell and in-vitro quantitative proteomics
- Biologics characterization using mass spectrometric methods
- Experience with E3 ubiquitin ligases, molecular degrader technologies is a plus
- Proficiency in small molecule target identification, engagement and validation.
- Expertise in biorthogonal chemistry, site-selective protein modification, photo affinity cross-linking, activity-based protein profiling (ABPP) is a plus.
- Experience and knowledge in the operation and maintenance of different types of mass spectrometers including Q Exactive and Orbitrap Eclipse Tribrid
- Experience with quantitative proteomics data analysis, including Proteome Discoverer, IP2, MaxQuant, or equivalent analysis platforms is required.
- Experience in the operation, minor maintenance, troubleshooting, and calibration of laboratory equipment required
- Programming expertise is a plus.
- Identifies, plans and executes novel scientific projects and may manage the work of others a direct or matrixed structure
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Independently manages workload and expectations
- Scientifically independent
- May influence decision making within the department
- Conducts scientific presentations to internal audiences
- Receives high level instructions on all work, determines methods on new assignments, works closely with manager, may manage junior staff
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- PhD degree in a scientific discipline with 2+ years experience , or
- MS with 8+ years experience, or
- BS with 10+ years experience
This job posting excludes CO applicants
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
LocationsSan Diego, CA
Time TypeFull time
Job ID R0030700