Scientist II Proteomics, Biomarkers and Mass Spectrometry
San Diego, California
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines.
Takeda California generates highly disease-specific and patient-tailored transformative new medicines aligned with Takeda’s global market strategies through research in Gastrointestinal (GI), Neuroscience and Immunology. Takeda California’s team of experienced scientists and clinicians deliver on the needs of patients by blending its internal capabilities, global Takeda resources, and expertise and technology from best-in-class external partners. Takeda California has opened a new 165,000 square-foot building which is an external innovation and collaboration hub for San Diego.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
Medicine for the world
We put the patient at the center of everything we do as we strive towards better health for people worldwide, through leading innovation in medicine.
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners.
“It’s about putting the patient at the center of everything we do. Takeda is very rooted in our four priorities of Patient, Trust, Reputation, Business, or PTRB.”
Chief of Staff
Meet Jen, the Chief of Staff and Head of Gastroenterology (GI) Therapeutic Area Unit General Operations in Boston, Massachusetts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Scientist II Proteomics, Biomarkers and Mass SpectrometryApply Now
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Scientist Proteomics, Biomarkers and Mass Spectrometry at our San Diego Research Site.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Scientist on the DMPK team, you will be empowered to serve on project teams.
- Develop targeted biomarker assays for target engagement and pathway modulation biomarkers using mass spectrometry approaches
- Quantify peptides, proteins, post-translational modifications, lipids, and metabolites to inform go- no-go decisions on assets and targets
- Support discovery proteomics efforts using DIA, TMT, and label-free proteomics approaches
- Lead scientific advances in specialized sample processing techniques, nano-LCMS, and software packages related to biomarker analyses
- Process biological samples including tissues and fluids (Colon, Bile, Urine, CSF and/or Plasma) for enzymatic digestion, sample clean-up, and sample enrichment
- Develop high-throughput sample processing approaches utilizing plate-based approaches and robotic instruments such as KingFisher and liquid handlers (eg. Tecan)
- Implement 1D and 2D liquid chromatography techniques including reverse phase, reverse phase high pH, ion exchange, size exclusion, and others
- Utilize Thermo’s hybrid and tribrid instruments to develop specialized biomarker assays for analytes with low physiological concentrations in complex matrices
- Utilize Sciex’s TripleQuad and TripleTOF and Waters’ Xevo with Ion Key platforms for biomarker quantitation
- Enrich for PTMs such as phosphorylation, acetylation, glycosylation, ubiquitination, and others using chemical affinity and antibody approaches
- Leverage software packages including Skyline, Compound Discoverer, Proteome Discoverer, MaxQuant, Spectronaut and others for biomarker discovery and quantitation
- Analyze multi-variate data sets and develop data processing pipelines containing normalization, imputation, and statistical analysis
- Perform pathway analysis using IPA, Metacore, and other commercial/ public biological databases
- Summarize biomarker data and present findings and recommendations to project teams
- PhD degree in a scientific discipline with 2+ years experience , or
MS with 8+ years experience, or BS with 10+ years experience
- Prior experience with mass spectrometry, HPLC, and nano-LC is required. Familiarity with Thermo and/or AbSciex mass spectrometers for biomarker quantitation is required.
- Experience with ligand binding assays is beneficial.
- The candidate must be able to analyze data and note significant deviations and maintain detailed, accurate and comprehensible study documentation.
- The individual is also expected to be highly organized, a team player, enthusiastic about drug discovery, and possess strong communication skills.
- Publications in peer-reviewed scientific journals are beneficial
Ability/willingness to travel to meetings or client sites (domestic and international; approximately 5‑10%)
San Diego, CA
This job posting excludes CO applicants
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
LocationsSan Diego, CA
Time TypeFull time
Job ID R0026102