Recruitment Fraud Alert
Takeda has received reports that there are instances of identity thieves posing as Takeda employees in an attempt to steal personal information from job seekers. In these cases, identity thieves visit job-related websites and invite candidates to online chats. During the chat, they press job seekers to provide bank account information and personal identification numbers. If you receive unexpected offers of employment from people claiming to work for Takeda, we suggest you do not correspond with them, do not click any hyperlinks and do not open any attachments.
At Takeda, we will never ask for personal financial information during any step of the interview nor do we charge job seekers fees as part of the recruitment process. Takeda’s recruiting correspondence will be sent by a recruiting representative with an @takeda.com email address – not @gmail.com, @yahoo.com, @hotmail.com or any other email domain service.
If you believe you have been contacted by an unauthorized person, please contact your local law enforcement agency immediately.
Scientist II Biotransformation and ADME Sciences
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Scientist II, Biotransformation and ADME Sciences at our newly dedicated San Diego, CA Site.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Scientist II working in new modalities on the Biotransformation and ADME Sciences team, you will be empowered to serve on project teams for discovery to development programs.
As a member of our Biotransformation and ADME Sciences Group, which is part of the Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetic (DMPK) Department at Takeda California (TCAL), you will participate in drug discovery and early development through the conduct of in vitro and in vivo drug metabolism studies designed to understand absorption, distribution, biotransformation pathways and routes of elimination of diverse therapeutic modalities such as peptides, peptidomemetics, peptide conjugates, Antibody-Drug Conjugates (ADC) with focus/emphasis on Oligonucleotides (siRNA and ASOs) as well as to guide synthetic efforts and to identify potentially active/reactive catabolites/fragments. Experience in performing quantitative analyses of these modalities is highly preferred.
- Qualified candidates will have experience in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry with hands-on experience with selecting, operating, and maintaining mass spectrometric equipment for the purposes of qualitative and quantitative analyses of therapeutic modalities such as peptides, peptidomemetics, peptide conjugates, Antibody-Drug Conjugates (ADC) with focus/emphasis on Oligonucleotides (siRNA and ASOs).
- The candidate should have (extensive) experience in the optimization of oligonucleotide extraction protocols and development of the first in-house method for high-resolution LC-MS/MS-based biotransformation and quantification of oligonucleotides/ linkers/ conjugates in complex biological matrices (liver, extrahepatic tissues, plasma, urine).
- The candidate should have (extensive) experience interpreting mass spectral data to make structural assignments.
- Hands-on experience with radioactivity is essential and experience with common chemical derivatization techniques to identify site of metabolism, use of isotopically labeled reagents to aid the understanding of enzyme reactions are highly desirable.
- In addition, candidate should have fundamental understanding of various DMPK areas such as physicochemical properties, PK, drug metabolizing enzymes, as well as transporter kinetics.
- A qualified individual will be expected to collaborate in a team environment with both internal members of the group as well as discovery/early development project teams. A successful candidate will require excellent interpersonal skills, particularly oral and written communication skills.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
PhD degree in physical organic chemistry, computational chemistry or related field with 2 - 5+ years of experience
·MS with 8+ years of experience, or
·BS with 10+ years of experience
- Ability/willingness to travel to meetings or client sites (domestic and international; approximately 5‑10%)
- This posting does not apply to CO applicants
- San Diego, CA
- This job posting excludes CO applicants
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.