Recruitment Fraud Alert
Takeda has received reports that there are instances of identity thieves posing as Takeda employees in an attempt to steal personal information from job seekers. In these cases, identity thieves visit job-related websites and invite candidates to online chats. During the chat, they press job seekers to provide bank account information and personal identification numbers. If you receive unexpected offers of employment from people claiming to work for Takeda, we suggest you do not correspond with them, do not click any hyperlinks and do not open any attachments.
At Takeda, we will never ask for personal financial information during any step of the interview nor do we charge job seekers fees as part of the recruitment process. Takeda’s recruiting correspondence will be sent by a recruiting representative with an @takeda.com email address – not @gmail.com, @yahoo.com, @hotmail.com or any other email domain service.
If you believe you have been contacted by an unauthorized person, please contact your local law enforcement agency immediately.
Scientist Antibody Discovery & Engineering - Single B Cell Cloning
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Scientist II - Antibody Discovery & Engineering - Single B Cell Cloning in our Global Biologics team at the San Diego, CA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
Takeda is committed to the long term strategy and vision to translate science into life-changing medicines that make critical differences for our patients around the world. The Global Biologics team within R&D consists of approximately 85 scientists across two US sites (Cambridge, MA and San Diego, CA), and aims to discover novel therapeutic large molecule biologics serving our four main therapeutic areas Oncology, Gastroenterology, Neuroscience and Rare Disease.
We are excited to pursue the search for a Scientist II to join our Biotherapeutic Engineering team, a group within Takeda’s Global Biologics Department. The new hire will join a team of motivated and enthusiastic scientists in the Cambridge MA location, bringing strong experience in antibody/biologic discovery to the team, enhancing our existing knowledge as we continue to build on our existing discovery platforms. The successful candidate will have industrial experience in the field of current state-of-the-art antibody discovery using in vivo immunization strategies, repertoire analysis using both NGS and Sanger sequencing methods, high throughput single B cell cloning, engineering including affinity maturation/ stability engineering/humanization. The candidate should also very be very familiar with associated screening workflows and data analysis in addition to possessing a deep knowledge of B cell biology, humoral immunity and immunoglobulin genetics. The role will also look to design and optimize lead candidates using display based technologies (yeast, phage).
- Thoughtfully design and implement successful in vivo antibody discovery campaigns in species including human transgenic animals and llamas.
- Work with the team to build out and optimize the B cell cloning platform using both FACS and Berkeley Lights Beacon based technologies for VHH and IgG based workflows including integration of the sorting, cloning and sequencing protocols to enable fast and efficient lead discovery.
- Help to establish NGS related workflows for both discovery and quality control of library generation within the team. Prepare samples, and perform NGS based analysis using software tools.
- Design maturation libraries (affinity/ potency/ stability) using experience and software to improve lead candidates using display based technologies.
- Manage sequence analysis through state-of-the-art tools for deep understanding and performance of campaigns.
- Work with data analysis tools to ensure thorough evaluation of datasets and information based next step decision making, in addition to summarize and present findings to smaller and larger teams.
- High level of diligence in all data tracking, uploading and recording using data management systems within the department.
- Oversee and manage workflows with third parties and/or CROs where appropriate.
- Serve as an effective lead of discovery programs, collaborate and interact with team members and other internal groups for high efficiency and transparency to enable progression of molecules.
- Demonstrate pro-activity through identifying areas to improve efficiency, perform technology development to bring new innovation to the team, where appropriate.
- Independently design, develop and execute research assignments and contribute to multiple projects, in parallel.
- Work efficiently with a sense of urgency to meet program and team needs.
- Contribution to the preparation of patents, documentation for IND, and publications.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- PhD (2+ years’ experience), or MS (8+ years’ experience) in Immunology/Cell Biology/Biochemistry or related fields.
- 2 or more years of experience in antibody discovery in a biotech/pharma setting.
- Excellent knowledge of antibody discovery and engineering, B cell biology, humoral immunity and immunoglobulin genetics.
- Demonstrated experience of in vivo immunization strategies and handling antibody discovery platforms, specifically single B cell cloning, with adeptness in FACS based sorting strategies.
- Good familiarity with antibody repertoire analysis- NGS data handling and analysis from either in vivo or in vitro sources.
- Experience in library based therapeutic discovery and optimization using display platforms (yeast or phage) is highly preferred.
- Experience with standard molecular and cell biology techniques.
- Ability to identify problems, make recommendations and implement expedient solutions.
- Effective resource and time management is essential.
- Effective oral and written communication as well as strong interpersonal skills required.
- Hard working, enthusiastic, self-motivated, team oriented with a strong collaborative spirit.
- Attend scientific meetings or conferences on a yearly basis.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan.
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions.
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings.
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days.
- Community Outreach Programs.
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
This job posting excludes CO applicants.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.