What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the top traits we are looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Engage Others Motivates and influences others to gain support for ideas, strategies and actions in service to providing superior pharmaceutical products to patients; provides appropriate background so that messages are meaningful with audiences.
Collaboration Establishes productive relationships and partners with others across the organization to ensure common understanding of objectives and achieve shared goals.
Drive for Results Holds self and others accountable for delivering on commitments that align with our short- and long-term goals, never forgetting the end result is to help patients through innovation in medicine.
Strategic Approach Makes sound decisions that are consistent with our mission, values and organizational objectives.
Lead Change Proactively evaluates, promotes, and initiates change that creates value for patients, the organization, and our shareholders.
Self Awareness Seeks feedback from others, modifies self-perceptions and actions based on this feedback, and actively develops skills and behaviors to enhance contribution.
Develop Capabilities Seeks opportunities to develop oneself and others so that we can continue to achieve sustained growth.
Takeda builds strong, borderless and empowered teams through fairness and promoting shared goals. By working together, we optimize energy and can lead the change for a better world.
Takeda implements bold initiatives on a daily basis by striving for continuous improvement and encouraging enthusiasm and creativity. This value speaks to attracting the best minds in the industry that are committed to delivering novel therapies to patients worldwide.
Takeda respects and includes a broad range of people and ideas in its daily operations. Our organization encourages each individual to act with empathy and to apply their unique skills to realize the company’s true potential.
Takeda's drive comes from perseverance, urgency and a strong desire to contribute to patients. We put this passion to work in everything we do and demonstrate courage to fight for ideas and objectives to raise the quality of our solutions, create stronger ties with our stakeholders, and deliver results.
Takeda works to meet its responsibilities to stakeholders on a daily basis. We provide adequate support and challenge to ensure we deliver high-quality solutions that help more people around the world.
Takeda appropriately shares information and promotes honest, sincere dialogue with stakeholders to build trust. This trust enables us to strengthen our relationships with employees and external communities.
Medicine for the World
Inspired by Patients
Corporate Citizenship Activities
News and Events
Takeda's new research facility in San Diego, CA, to open Jan. 2019. "One of the really key features of this building is our intention to make it an external innovation and collaboration hub for San Diego,” said David Weitz, head of the unit. “Our cafeteria and all-employees space is actually outside security purposely, so that we can welcome the community in for events.” - San Diego Union Tribune, June 26, 2017.
One Vision: We aspire to cure cancer.
Takeda Pharmaceuticals is on the cutting edge of innovation, for more information on our latest breakthroughs and discoveries visit our newsroom today!
Recently Takeda California held their annual Tour de Takeda, donating $5 for every mile biked, ran or walked. By covering 3,362 miles, this year’s donation was $16,810! Funds were given to four non-profit organizations: Alzheimer’s Association of San Diego, Torrey Pines High School Foundation Science Department, Rancho YMCA’s Inclusion Program and Elementary Institute of Science.
Takeda has maintained an unwavering dedication to put patients first for more than 235 years while we live our values of Takeda-ism—Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance. We are united by our mission to strive towards Better Health and a Brighter Future for people worldwide through leading innovation in medicine.
We focus our research and development on the core therapeutic areas of oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, and on providing vaccines that address the most important infectious diseases. Novel products, especially in oncology and gastroenterology, as well as our presence in emerging markets, fuel our growth.
Takeda California generates highly disease-specific and patient-tailored transformative new medicines aligned with Takeda’s global market strategies through research in Gastrointestinal (GI), Neuroscience and Immunology. Takeda California’s team of experienced scientists and clinicians deliver on the needs of patients by blending its internal capabilities, global Takeda resources, and expertise and technology from best-in-class external partners. In early 2019, Takeda California will open a new 165,000 square-foot building with the intent to make it an external innovation and collaboration hub for San Diego.
Provides theoretical/conceptual input to the design, development and execution of well-defined specific projects and within the area of expertise.
- Develops novel and efficient synthesis strategies and coordinates research strategies and activities with team members
- Designs synthetic targets for lead discovery and optimization to address issues of target potency, selectivity, animal pharmacokinetics, and in vivo efficacy
- Utilizes contemporary structure-based methods, structure-activity relationships, and medicinal chemistry principles in the proposal and execution of innovative chemistry strategies
- Conducts the synthesis of complex target molecules
- Designs viable synthetic routes and performs literature searches in support of research
- Creates relevant intellectual property for the company and contributes to patent authorship
- Contributes to the authorship of scientific manuscripts, frequently as principal author
- Maintains a current understanding of the synthetic literature and methodology, as well as the scientific literature related to a specific drug discovery project
- Keeps an accurate, comprehensible, concise notebook in accordance with company policy
- Influences the course of projects
- With general guidance, learns standards and levels of expectations for routine work; designs experimental strategies
- Learns company's discovery process
- Identifies routine obstacles to progress; solves a variety of problems
- Supports at least one project of defined scope and moderate complexity
- Represents own research to senior leadership, or for scientific collaborations, or a national scientific conference
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Ph.D. in Chemistry, OR
- MS in Chemistry with minimum 6 years of relevant chemistry research experience, OR
- BS in Chemistry with minimum 8 years of relevant chemistry research experience
- Clear general knowledge of chemistry
- Diverse practical experience in synthetic organic chemistry
- Clear understanding of experimental design
- Clear understanding of reaction mechanism
- Good understanding of basic biochemical and biological principles
- High level of professional expertise in modern laboratory and analytical methods
- Has demonstrated independent thought/creativity in science
- Ability to present work formally to internal scientific reviews
- Ability to convey ideas in an experimentally detailed yet scientifically concise manner
- Excellent communication and multitasking skills
- Expert knowledge of applicable lab equipment
- Possesses a high degree of scientific discretion/intuition
- Proficiency with chemistry drawing software (e.g., Chemdraw) and MS office applications
- None required
- Manual dexterity required to operate standard laboratory and office equipment
- Carrying, handling and reaching for objects
- Exposure to hazardous/toxic/dangerous chemicals
- Prolonged standing and/or sitting
- May travel to various domestic conferences or client sites, including overnight trips
- Some international travel may be required
- Requires up to 2% travel
San Diego, CA
Job ID R0006255
Explore the Area
Check out where you could be
working if you apply.