Recruitment Fraud Alert
Takeda has received reports that there are instances of identity thieves posing as Takeda employees in an attempt to steal personal information from job seekers. In these cases, identity thieves visit job-related websites and invite candidates to online chats. During the chat, they press job seekers to provide bank account information and personal identification numbers. If you receive unexpected offers of employment from people claiming to work for Takeda, we suggest you do not correspond with them, do not click any hyperlinks and do not open any attachments.
At Takeda, we will never ask for personal financial information during any step of the interview nor do we charge job seekers fees as part of the recruitment process. Takeda’s recruiting correspondence will be sent by a recruiting representative with an @takeda.com email address – not @gmail.com, @yahoo.com, @hotmail.com or any other email domain service.
If you believe you have been contacted by an unauthorized person, please contact your local law enforcement agency immediately.
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Research Investigator at our San Diego Research Site.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Research Investigator in drug discovery, you will be empowered to serve on project teams.
This position will be responsible for providing operational support for global Preclinical and Translational Services (PTS) group
- Manages workflow of outsourced screening assays and data upload
- Coordinate and oversees in-house and outsourced in vitro testing-related activities; communicate
- Manages daily operations of TCAL PTS laboratory
- Oversee daily operations of TCAL PTS lab, lab supply ordering and inventory, lab expense tracking, resolve any issues may arise with lab order
- Oversee purchases and maintenance over lifecycle of capital equipment for PTS lab
- Responsible for outsourcing of in vitro screening studies, communicating results to project teams and uploading data into corporate database
- Coordinate compound/biological material shipment for outsourced in vitro assays across different Takeda site and various vendors
- Manages outsourced research activities (i.e. quote request, compound shipment, assay data upload to local corporate database)
- Maintain and updating information on Compound Profiling request form for TCAL and archiving external assay data from vendor to local archive storage space
- Assists with management of vendors
- Responsible for capital purchases, equipment procurement and maintenance
- Work closely with Operations Lead at other Takeda sites to streamline work process across sites
- Support for outsourced research activities for Development team
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- BS in a scientific discipline and 5+ years of industry experience
- Candidate will be a self-starter, and able to work with minimal supervision to achieve objectives in a timely manner
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to quality
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Experience in reviewing/auditing study data and reports
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and other common electronic systems
- May travel to scientific conferences and global functional meetings
- Some international travel is required
- Might require up to approx. 5% travel
This job posting excludes CO applicants
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
EEO Verbiage for US Reqs
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.