Research Associate, Antibody Discovery
San Diego, California
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines.
Takeda California generates highly disease-specific and patient-tailored transformative new medicines aligned with Takeda’s global market strategies through research in Gastrointestinal (GI), Neuroscience and Immunology. Takeda California’s team of experienced scientists and clinicians deliver on the needs of patients by blending its internal capabilities, global Takeda resources, and expertise and technology from best-in-class external partners. Takeda California has opened a new 165,000 square-foot building which is an external innovation and collaboration hub for San Diego.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
Medicine for the world
We put the patient at the center of everything we do as we strive towards better health for people worldwide, through leading innovation in medicine.
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners.
“It’s about putting the patient at the center of everything we do. Takeda is very rooted in our four priorities of Patient, Trust, Reputation, Business, or PTRB.”
Chief of Staff
Meet Jen, the Chief of Staff and Head of Gastroenterology (GI) Therapeutic Area Unit General Operations in Boston, Massachusetts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2018.
Research Associate, Antibody DiscoveryApply Now
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Research Associate Antibody Discovery in our San Diego office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a RA Antibody Discovery working on the Biotherapeutic Engineering team, you will be empowered to discover and engineer therapeutic biologics. A typical day will include:
The research associate will join a fast-paced Biotherapeutic Engineering team within Global Biologics Research. The candidate will perform complex research assignments and will be responsible for the discovery and engineering of therapeutic biologics including antibodies, fusions and other platforms. The candidate will communicate results within the Biotherapeutic Engineering team and with cross functional project team members.
- Under minimal supervision, execute discovery and lead optimization projects using display platform technologies with high quality and efficiency
- Handle large data sets and analyze the data. Identify hits based on affinity, specificity and potency.
- Isolate DNA/RNA, analyzing sequencing data.
- Apply knowledge of antibody function and characterization, conduct repertoire analysis, and V region classification
- Express hits in yeast or mammalian system, purify antibodies
- Characterize purity, affinities and specificity of purified hits
- Thoroughly document experiments and communicate results within the team and cross functional project teams
- Initiates routine and non-routine problem investigation and recommends solutions
EDUCATION AND SKILLS:
- BS in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or related life science (or equivalent) with 2+ years experience, or MS in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or related life science
- Experiences in antibody discovery and engineering
- Experience with high-throughput antibody binding screens (ForteBio Octet, ELISA, flow cytometry)
- Experience in bacteria, yeast and mammalian culture.
- Molecular biology skills including PCR, DNA/RNA isolation, cloning.
- Experience with library construction is desired
- Experience with FACS sorting is highly desired
- Experience with antibody sequence isolation, reformatting, expression and purification is highly desired
- Experience with yeast or other display library screening is preferable
- Excellent organizational and time management skills. Pay attention to details. Able to follow SOP.
- Self-motivated. Work well both independently and collaboratively.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
San Diego, CA
Job ID R0007870