Internship - Informatics (San Diego, CA)Apply Now Job ID 1700138 Date posted02/07/2017 LocationSan Diego, California, United States;
Takeda California's internship program blends real world experience with an extensive overview of the pharmaceutical industry. Knowledgeable mentors will provide guidance as you gain professional hands-on experience.
The internship is 15- 20 hours a week throughout the year with the option to work up to 40 hours during the summer and offers a unique perspective into a world-class pharmaceutical company.
- Provides scientific staff with application support for internally built and purchased software, specifically: 1) troubleshooting issues encountered within the applications and working with the Informatics developers or third party technical support to resolve those issues, and 2) tracking application defect reports and enhancement requests.
- Performs application testing on upcoming releases of internally built applications.
- Assists with data entry and correction.
- Assists with the generation of reports distributed to the scientific staff
- Updates Informatics application documentation (e.g. user manuals, quick reference guides, etc.)
- Updates the Informatics online help articles
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Full time second or third year undergraduate student with a major in Computer Science or scientific field preferred
- Seniors must be enrolled in Master’s program.
- Must be available to work 15-20 hours/week (strong preference for 5 days a week).
- Manual dexterity required to operate office equipment (i.e. computers, phones, etc.).
- Carrying, handling and reaching for objects.
- Sit and type on the computer for extended periods of time
We are driven to improve people's lives.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.