More than 30,000 Takeda employees working in more than 70 countries are committed to improving quality of life for patients, who remain at the center of everything we do. Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited is a global, research and development-driven organization working internally and with external partners to translate science into life-changing medicines. Takeda focuses on the core therapeutic areas of oncology, gastroenterology, central nervous system and providing vaccines that address the most important infectious diseases. Novel products, especially in oncology and gastroenterology, as well as our presence in emerging markets, fuel our growth.
While Takeda is enjoying tremendous growth as an emerging global leader in the pharmaceutical industry, we remain ever mindful of our commitment to serve people worldwide by striving toward better health through leading innovation in medicine. In short, we are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
Takeda's summer internship program blends real world experience with an extensive overview of the pharmaceutical industry. Knowledgeable mentors will provide guidance as you gain professional hands-on experience.
The summer internship program is 12 weeks in length and offers a unique perspective into a world-class pharmaceutical company. Compensation is competitive, and financed temporary housing is available to those who qualify. Our internship program also provides you the opportunity to network with people at Takeda through various planned events and activities.
The GI Biology-TIDV intern will work under the guidance and mentorship of GI Biology-TIDV experts to support the progression of early stage GI drug targets and assist in validating the target for program readiness.
- Performs ex vivo rodent tissue collection.
- Performs data analysis and present results when necessary
- Assists in sourcing disease relevant human tissues
- Creates and manages a human sample repository database
- Prepares samples for external shipments
- Duties may include RNA or protein expression analysis of targets in rodent or human tissues, cells, or fluids
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Applicants must be enrolled in a U.S. accredited university for the semester before and immediately following the internship.
- Applicants must be pursuing a Bachelor’s degree and have completed at least their sophomore year or be a graduate-level student pursuing either a PharmD or Master’s degree; for Bachelor’s and Master’s degree students, a major in a healthcare, pharmacy or life science field is preferred.
- Experience in each of the following MS Office applications:
- MS Outlook - Proficient
- MS Word - Proficient
- MS Excel - Proficient
- MS PowerPoint - Proficient
- Must be deadline driven and have a high level of organizational and planning skills
- The ideal candidate exhibits strong analytical, problem-solving, and oral and written communication skills; he or she also possesses the ability to work well in teams, effectively manage multiple projects, and present ideas clearly and concisely.
- Undergraduate student in good academic standing with a focus in pharmacy, pharmaceutical science, or a related biological or chemical science field (Second or Third year students preferred)
- Students must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Expected hours: 10 - 20 hours while school is in session; up to 40 hours during school breaks
- Applicants must be highly motivated, self-starters with excellent oral and written communication.
- Applicants must be willing to work with rodents as well as human tissues, cells, and fluids.
- Candidate should have a strong interest and understanding of Gastroenterology Biology.
- Previous experience with each of the following is preferred but not required: RNA preparation/sequencing, qPCR, ELISA, MSD, and IHC.
- May work on the computer for several hours at a time.
- Potential exposure to cold temperatures, loud noises, reactive chemicals and possible rodent allergens
We are driven to improve people's lives.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.Schedule