Director - Project ManagementApply Now Job ID 1602665 Date posted02/10/2017 LocationSan Diego, California, United States;
- Leads the project planning efforts of research teams by effectively translating the project strategy into an efficiently executable plan; predicts and plans solutions to achieve successful operational execution of cross-functional activities that leads to high quality asset generation and early clinical proof-of-mechanism testing
- Partners with, coaches and mentors research project leaders with whom they will collaboratively guide and influence to achieve clarity on issues, bringing focus to the work plans and influencing decision-making
- Coordinates governance approvals for the key project deliverables.
- Proactively identifies and drives resource priorities across projects that align with the business objectives.
- Establishes, communicates, and executes plans resulting in achievement of project goals by
- identifying ways (scientific or strategic) to accelerate the project execution where possible while maintaining high quality standards;
- creatively managing project timelines considering risk, cost, and benefit to Takeda;
- orchestrating the involvement of cross-regional, cross-functional, cross-divisional individuals in relevant communications, decisions and working groups as appropriate; and
- guiding and managing the creation of project strategies and prepare presentations to management.
- Develops and manages training and coaching resources to ensure the ongoing development of San Diego based personnel as world class project leaders.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- PhD in a scientific discipline (Pharmaceutical, Chemistry or Biological Sciences is ideal)
- Thorough knowledge (minimum 10 years) of the pharmaceutical industry and experience in Discovery Research, Clinical Research, CMC, or other drug development related function with direct experience of progressing assets to IND and into the clinic.
- Minimum 4 years experience as a project manager with a proven track record of managing and delivering assets into development
- Proven leadership skills managing matrix teams, influencing outcomes and key project decisions, and strategic problem-solving ability
- Proven ability to communicate clearly and present key information objectively and collaborate effectively with management
- Demonstrated ability to clearly and concisely communicate/ prepare presentations
- Strong influencing skills
- People management experience and/or proven leadership experience in managing a matrix team is desired.
- Project leadership and management skills are required
- Therapeutic area expertise is desirable in at least one of GI and CNS
- Ability to predict issues and solve problems by independent resolution
- Ability to articulate and establish processes that have cross-functional impact
- Ability to drive decision-making within a cross-functional team structure
- Ability to work in a virtual setting/across time-zones, i.e., making effective use of communication tools (WebEx, TelePresence, telephone and video conferencing, etc.)
- Ability to inspire and motivate an interfacing and cross-geographical team
- Flexibility, tolerance and diplomacy to best manage change and differing opinions
- Ability to work in a highly complex, multi-cultural, often stressful environment
- Highly effective communications skills – written and verbal
- Management of multiple tasks of varied complexity simultaneously
- Excellent organizational skills
- Effective negotiation and positive influencing abilities
- Proven ability to work effectively and diplomatically in conflict situations
- Highly effective presentation skills – create and deliver presentations with appropriate messaging and focused recommendations
- Microsoft Project Professional, SharePoint, Excel, PowerPoint & Word
- Fluent in English
- Project Management Professional certification with PMI desired
- May travel to the US and Japan offices and other meeting locations internationally.
- Approximately 10% travel is required.
we are driven to improve people's lives
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans. For more information, visithttp://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.