Plasma Center Operations Manager (Saint Ann, MO) Brand New Center - Exciting Opportunity!
Saint Ann, Missouri
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team player
Life at Takeda
Medicine for the world
We put the patient at the center of everything we do as we strive towards better health for people worldwide, through leading innovation in medicine.
“It’s about putting the patient at the center of everything we do. Takeda is very rooted in our four priorities of Patient, Trust, Reputation, Business, or PTRB.”
Chief of Staff
Meet Jen, the Chief of Staff and Head of Gastroenterology (GI) Therapeutic Area Unit General Operations in Boston, Massachusetts.
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2019.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2018.
Our vision is of a world with accessible healthcare for all, where prevention measures are exponentially advanced and billions are freed of disease. Our approach is rooted in our patient-centricity and the creation of outstanding treatments that change people's lives. Building upon a foundation of sustainability, we are committed to contributing to the long-term health of people through disease prevention.
Plasma Center Operations Manager (Saint Ann, MO) Brand New Center - Exciting Opportunity!Apply Now
This position will be located at our brand new plasma facility in Saint Ann, MO opening in April 2020. Role requires extensive (paid) travel during training (~7 months), then travel ceases after center opens. Qualified candidates will have operations leadership experience and direct leadership experience of 20-30 employees.
Takeda is an industry-leading, global pharmaceutical company with an unwavering dedication to putting patients at the center of everything we do. We live our values of Takeda-ism – Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance – and are united by our mission to strive towards Better Health and a Brighter Future for people worldwide through leading innovation in medicine.
Here, everyone matters, and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. At Takeda, you will make an impact on people’s lives – including your own.
A subsidiary of Takeda, BioLife is an industry leader in operating high quality plasmapheresis centers throughout the United States. At BioLife Plasma Services, we excel at caring. Caring for the quality of our lifesaving services, caring for the donors who help make it happen, and caring for the communities we call home. Improving Lives. Improving life for everyone.
BioLife’s employment opportunities are among the best, offering competitive pay, immediate benefits, paid time off, on the job training, advancement potential AND an environment full of fast-paced fun all while working to save lives
Responsible for managing the operations of plasma collection facility, to include financial, marketing, administrative, regulatory, quality, personnel and facilities management functions. Supervises the daily functions and staff activities across departments to optimize operational efficiency.
All listed duties must comply with federal, state, local and company-specific regulations related to quality of product, employee and donor safety and to the proper performance of day-to-day activities.
- Employee development (60%):
- Initiate and deliver staff communications, network and local.
- Oversee and ensure all employees are properly, timely, and accurately trained in technical areas.
- Providing timely and accurate feedback to both hourly and exempt staff members.
- Developing employee talent, through regular meetings, goal check-ins, development plans, etc.
- Administer year-end review process and compensation changes.
- Assist in management of the recruiting process. (i.e. - phone screens, interviews, offers, on-boarding)
- May support and conduct management training.
- Provide leadership to ensure donor retention, high customer service levels, production monitoring and cost data.
- Operations Management (40%):
- Supervise the operations within the facility:
- Maintain compliance with all federal, state, local and company regulations related to quality of product, employee and donor safety.
- Manage facility audit processes and help to resolve any related issues that arise from the audit:
- Collaborating with Regional Manager and management team to prepare for and host internal and external auditors.
- Ensuring timely response and closure to audit observations.
- Perform analysis of related data to promote efficient operations:
- Forecasting and attaining production and cost goals, while assuring compliance with Takeda, local and federal regulations.
- Resolve related facility issues and manage inquiries for facility information.
- May assist in center production issues
Education & Experience Requirements
Essential:High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Desired: Associates or Bachelor’s degree highly desirable.
Key Skills and Competencies
- Minimum of three years’ experience preferably in a medical or other regulated field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, leadership, organizational and technical skills.
- Ability to attract, retain, motivate and develop a team of diverse individuals. Demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize, and communicate with senior management.
- Requires weekend and extended work periods.
Other Job Components
Complexity and Problem Solving
- Responsible for providing exceptional customer service to donors (external) and fellow employees (internal)
- Refers to Group/Regional management for guidance on high-impact and/or sensitive decisions (internal)
- Advises and counsels all staff on operational, safety, and customer service concerns. (internal)
- Delivers performance and review feedback to all staff. (Internal)
Internal and External Contacts
- Reports to Group Manager and/or Regional Operations Manager (Internal)
- Consults center management teams to effectively problem solve, ensure safety of staff and donors, and provide an exceptional customer experience. (internal)
- Coordinates with external vendors and contractors for building maintenance and other contracted services. (External)
- May participate in the management of projects and new initiatives within the center or across centers.
- Supports the center management team in identifying operational opportunities for continuous improvement, initiating changes to center processes as needed, through use of company approved procedures (including but not limited to 5S, Value Stream Mapping and Kaizen).
- Requires ability to stand and walk for entire work shift.
- Potential exposure to blood borne pathogens.
- Requires occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching, leaning, reaching above shoulders and below knees, and lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Requires ability to communicate verbally with donors, in person and on the phone.
- Must have fine motor coordination, depth perception, and ability to hear equipment sounds from a distance.
- Potential exposures to blood borne pathogens
- Occasional travel. (Less than 10%)
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law – Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Job ID SR0035112
Explore the Area
Check out where you could be
working if you apply.