Round Lake, Illinois
Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business unit are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Life-changing for you. Life-changing for patients.
Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality is the backbone of Takeda, and our employees are the guardians for our patients, our products, and our reputation. As a member of our team, we can offer you the opportunity to grow in a meaningful career, develop your skills, and come to work every day knowing that what you do makes a genuine difference.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Warehouse CoordinatorApply Now
The Round Lake Warehouse Coordinator performs schedule activities for Shipping, Destruction, Inventory Management in strict compliance with GMP, EHS and Takeda Quality System.
This position is a floor-based position in the Warehouse; to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily:
- Receives and fills orders and performs order status inquiry for all completed orders. Adjusts orders as necessary when damages or shortages occur.
- Fills and prepares inventory for transportation and monitors progress throughout shift to assure efficient completion of duties.
- Performs physical counts, cycle counts, and periodic inventory verification.
- Assist transportation function by directing carrier drivers on empty trailer dropping and load pick-up processes.
- Complete bill of lading, packing list, seal assignment, and bar code assignments for each order.
- Cross trains and assists with other departments when necessary.
- Complies with SOPs, GMPs, safety rules and regulations, and departmental procedures.
- Assist Warehouse Supervisor in obtaining maximum efficiency and productivity in warehouse operations.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs and comfortable with using a computer.
- Perform removal of hazardous waste
- Other duties as necessary.
% of Time Job Function and Description
30 Outbound (Domestic, International, Destruction)
30 Inventory Management (Cycle Count, System work)
30 Inbound (Receiving, Stowing)
10 General Logistics activities (Meetings, improvement activies, etc.)
Education and Experience:
- More than 2 years of experience in Warehouse operations with strong preference for experience in a GMP or similarly regulated business environment
- Must have uncompromising dedication to quality
- Must have respect for individuals and the diverse contributions of all
- Must be able to work independently and be self-motivated
- Must have demonstrated team-oriented, process-oriented, and solution-oriented skills
- Strong leadership, communication, coaching and emotional intelligence skills
- Good computer skills in Microsoft Office suite and Excel
- General ERP/JDE knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment in which priorities may rapidly change
- Must be able to carry up to 25 lbs., lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to push/pull > 100 lbs. (with the assistance of material handling equipment). Must be able to stand for extended periods of time over an entire 8- or 12-hour shift.
- May require bending, twisting, reaching overhead, and/or squatting motions to perform certain tasks.
- Must be able to work in a cold storage environment
- Must be able to work overtime as required.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law – Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Job ID SR0051671