Round Lake, Illinois
Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business unit are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Life-changing for you. Life-changing for patients.
Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality is the backbone of Takeda, and our employees are the guardians for our patients, our products, and our reputation. As a member of our team, we can offer you the opportunity to grow in a meaningful career, develop your skills, and come to work every day knowing that what you do makes a genuine difference.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
The Round Lake, IL Plant is Expanding!! Come join our team! This is a Night Trainer position. Working 12 hour shift 5:00pm - 5:30am 2-2-3 configuration
The role of the Trainer is to deliver technical training to all levels of the manufacturing plant.
- Process vendor supplied training documentation.
- Training delivery of classroom, On the job, e-learning and safety.
- Manage updates of training content as part of change control / document change control process.
- Review local and global documents for assignment accuracy.
- Deliver EHS, GMP, gowning, train-the-trainer, and other courses.
- Deliver technical training as required.
- Track training assignments and modify as required.
- Prepare reports on training completion and update business units on training progress.
- Monitor training effectiveness.
- Develop training plans for business units.
- Track new hire training progress and ensure timely completion of assigned training.
- Support change management efforts to ensure both business processes and culture are prepared for the successful implementation of training services and enterprise solutions.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Typically requires high school diploma or GED and 4+ years of related work experience or associates’ degree or higher and 2+ years related work experience.
- 2+ years of experience as a technical trainer with both classroom and OJT experience.
- 2+ years of experience in a pharmaceutical manufacturing, medical device manufacturing, or other FDA regulated industry.
Key Skills, Abilities, and Competencies
- Intermediate Microsoft office skills(Outlook,Word, Excel and Power Point).
- Ability to use computers and other electronic devices in training delivery.
- Solid Organizational Skills
- Ability to Manage multiple request.
- Good written and Communication Skills
- Must be able to work in controlled environments requiring special gowning. Will be required to follow gowning requirements and wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet and body.
- No make-up, jewelry, contact lenses, nail polish or artificial fingernails may be worn in the manufacturing environment.
- Will work in a cold, wet environment on occasion.
- Must be able to work 12 hour nightshift shifts and alternating weekends.
- Must be able to work overtime as required.
- May be required to work in a confined area.
- Clean Room and cool/hot storage conditions.
- Must be able to stand for periods of time to deliver training (up to 4 hours at a time).
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law – Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Job ID SR0051914