What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the top traits we are looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Engage Others Motivates and influences others to gain support for ideas, strategies and actions in service to providing superior pharmaceutical products to patients; provides appropriate background so that messages are meaningful with audiences.
Collaboration Establishes productive relationships and partners with others across the organization to ensure common understanding of objectives and achieve shared goals.
Drive for Results Holds self and others accountable for delivering on commitments that align with our short- and long-term goals, never forgetting the end result is to help patients through innovation in medicine.
Strategic Approach Makes sound decisions that are consistent with our mission, values and organizational objectives.
Lead Change Proactively evaluates, promotes, and initiates change that creates value for patients, the organization, and our shareholders.
Self Awareness Seeks feedback from others, modifies self-perceptions and actions based on this feedback, and actively develops skills and behaviors to enhance contribution.
Develop Capabilities Seeks opportunities to develop oneself and others so that we can continue to achieve sustained growth.
Takeda builds strong, borderless and empowered teams through fairness and promoting shared goals. By working together, we optimize energy and can lead the change for a better world.
Takeda implements bold initiatives on a daily basis by striving for continuous improvement and encouraging enthusiasm and creativity. This value speaks to attracting the best minds in the industry that are committed to delivering novel therapies to patients worldwide.
Takeda respects and includes a broad range of people and ideas in its daily operations. Our organization encourages each individual to act with empathy and to apply their unique skills to realize the company’s true potential.
Takeda's drive comes from perseverance, urgency and a strong desire to contribute to patients. We put this passion to work in everything we do and demonstrate courage to fight for ideas and objectives to raise the quality of our solutions, create stronger ties with our stakeholders, and deliver results.
Takeda works to meet its responsibilities to stakeholders on a daily basis. We provide adequate support and challenge to ensure we deliver high-quality solutions that help more people around the world.
Takeda appropriately shares information and promotes honest, sincere dialogue with stakeholders to build trust. This trust enables us to strengthen our relationships with employees and external communities.
Medicine for the World
Inspired by Patients
Corporate Citizenship Activities
News and Events
Takeda is a patient-focused, innovation-driven global pharmaceutical company that builds on a distinguished 235-year history, aspiring to bring better health and a brighter future for people worldwide.
One Vision: We aspire to cure cancer.
At Takeda, you will make a positive impact on people’s lives every day–including your own. It’s important to us that our employees feel they are empowered to perform to the very best of their ability as every member of our team is working towards bringing better health and a brighter future to millions of people worldwide.
Takeda Pharmaceuticals is on the cutting edge of innovation, for more information on our latest breakthroughs and discoveries visit our newsroom today!
Takeda has maintained an unwavering dedication to put patients first for more than 235 years while we live our values of Takeda-ism—Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance. We are united by our mission to strive towards Better Health and a Brighter Future for people worldwide through leading innovation in medicine.
We focus our research and development on the core therapeutic areas of oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, and on providing vaccines that address the most important infectious diseases. Novel products, especially in oncology and gastroenterology, as well as our presence in emerging markets, fuel our growth.
Responsible for improving the uptime performance of filling and packing equipment by applying LEAN manufacturing principles. Apply problem solving methodologies to support manufacturing operations in a dynamic, fast-paced cGMP, biotechnology environment. Measure production performance to demonstrate successful improvements. Drive improvement actions that require independent and/or collaborative judgement. Project and technical leader for junior staff.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Leads, sets direction individually or through cross-functional team:
- Identify, develop and present business cases to management for equipment uptime performance improvement projects and participate in capital planning in assigned area(s).
- Lead or participate in large, site, or cross-functional reliability improvement projects
- Participate in engineering & maintenance business process improvement initiatives.
- Supervise technical teams and contractors
- Supervise and mentor junior staff in Process Improvement principles, methodologies and tools.
- In collaboration with engineering, manufacturing, and maintenance; set priorities for improvement projects.
- Leads DMAIC improvement projects
- Leads Failure Mode Effect Analysis (FMEA)
- Apply Lean / Six Sigma tools and methodology
- Participate and provide support for audits.
- Lead the implementation of predictive maintenance across the facility
- May lead or participate in FAT, Commissioning of new and modified equipment
- Ability to solve routine engineering tasks and manage projects with minimal assistance
- Ability to work seamlessly and effectively with employees of varying backgrounds, education, and experience
- May perform other duties as assigned
- cGMP experience required
- Ability to lead teams and medium size projects
- Must have proficient knowledge of CMMS and engineering & maintenance business practices / procedures
- Must proficient possess knowledge of laboratory and pharmaceutical production and support equipment, including utilities and critical systems (aseptic filling, packaging, CIP, SIP, HVAC, plant and clean utilities)
- Knowledge of chemical and biological safety procedures.
- Must have knowledge of process improvement and reliability engineering principles, methodologies and tools such as PDCA, LEAN, SixSigma / DMAIC, FMEA.
- Must be able to organize and present technical and project management plans and schedules without assistance.
- Must have excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills;
- Communicate effectively with cross-functional teams, global teams and management.
- Proficient user of computers
- Estimate medium capital budget items and manage the spending of approved project funds
- Passion for Improving Lives. Must be able to put our patients at the center of everything we do.
- Quest for Innovation. Must be able to operate with agility and a learning mindset so that we can accelerate breakthrough innovations.
- Inspired Teams environment. Must be able to thrive in diverse high performing teams.
- Engaged with the World Around Us. Must be able to embrace change and seek diverse perspectives and partnerships to benefit patients and make a positive impact on the world.
Education and/or Experience
- BS in Engineering
- Advanced degree, PE license, SixSigma or other professional certifications or certificates is a plus
- 5-8 years of experience.
- May be required to travel for business reasons, e.g. training and meetings.
- Must be able to work in controlled or clean room environments requiring special gowning. Will be required to follow gowning requirements and wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet and body. No make-up, jewelry, nail polish or artificial fingernails may be worn in these work environments.
- The incumbent must work in a clean room environment wearing special garments. Additionally, personal protective equipment must be worn due to safety requirements.
- May work in a cold, wet environment.
- May be exposed to sunlight and heat.
- May be exposed to dust, gases, and fumes.
- Possible exposure to cool/hot storage conditions.
- May be around moving equipment and machinery.
- May be working in a loud area that requires hearing protection and other protective equipment to be worn.
- May work around chemicals such as alcohol, acids, and bases that may require respiratory protection.
- Inside working conditions.
- May require immunization before performing work within the manufacturing area.
- Will have interaction with other people.
- Pace may be fast and job completion demands may be high.
- May be required to lift up to 25 pounds
- May be required to push up to 25 pounds
- May be required to pull up to 25 pounds
- May be required to visually inspect frequently when completing the following job duty: start-up, troubleshooting, inspection and commissioning of equipment.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law – Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Job ID SR0019389
Explore the Area
Check out where you could be
working if you apply.