Round Lake, Illinois
Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business unit are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Life-changing for you. Life-changing for patients.
Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality is the backbone of Takeda, and our employees are the guardians for our patients, our products, and our reputation. As a member of our team, we can offer you the opportunity to grow in a meaningful career, develop your skills, and come to work every day knowing that what you do makes a genuine difference.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Project ManagerApply Now
The Round Lake, IL Plant is Expanding!! Come join our team!
The Program Manager provides business and technical leadership for major site projects, including geographic expansions, process improvements, supplier change notices, capacity expansions and facility upgrades. The Program manager is accountable for overall program performance including, integration of project activities, liaison for senior management, R&D and other stakeholders, project resources and financial achievement.They will provide input to the program prioritization process and participate in other key strategic business portfolio process to ensure funding for the objective.The Program manager will make launch date commitments based on cash flow and manage stakeholder expectations.
- Provides clear direction on project requirements to meet expectations of customers and stakeholders.
- Leads the team in defining program strategies, developing goals, assigning project tasks and ensures the team meets all goals.
- Interacts through program updates and reviews with all levels of management.
- Sets the program strategy, schedules, resource alignment and financial analysis.
- Approves team deliverables for project completion
- Provides Project Management technical expertise in all phases of project execution.
- Anticipates and resolves conflict situations in a win-win outcome.
- Must be well versed in Project Management tools and must possess knowledge of related disciplines.
- Must have knowledge of such principles as GMPs, FDA guidelines and purchasing practices.
- Must be self-motivated, have good interpersonal skills, capable of analyzing and solving complex problems through innovative thought and experience, as well as, project management tools.
- Ability to manage multiple cross-functional teams simultaneously.
- Ability to design and implement projects/studies outside area of expertise.
- Must demonstrate strategic leadership, strong financial acumen, and proficient supervisory skills.
- Display ability to communicate effectively using a wide variety of skills and vehicles.
- Must be willing/able to work occasionally in controlled manufacturing environment where Good Manufacturing Practices are followed.
- Bachelor’s degree in science, engineering or other related technical field and 7+ years of related experience.
- Leadership Experience Preferred.
- PMP (Project Management Professional) Certification is preferred.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and carry up to 20 lbs.
- In general, the position requires a combination of sedentary work and walking around observing conditions in the facility.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law – Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Job ID SR0051889