Maintenance Technician - 3rd Shift
Round Lake, Illinois
Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business unit are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Life-changing for you. Life-changing for patients.
Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality is the backbone of Takeda, and our employees are the guardians for our patients, our products, and our reputation. As a member of our team, we can offer you the opportunity to grow in a meaningful career, develop your skills, and come to work every day knowing that what you do makes a genuine difference.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Maintenance Technician - 3rd ShiftApply Now
Responsible for providing a high level of maintenance support for all equipment in the manufacturing filling process, including maintaining equipment in all areas of the Mix, Fill and Finishing complexes at Takeda's Round Lake facility; ensuring manufacturing lines are well-maintained and ready to run during planned production time; providing on time PM completion; constant monitoring during production to spot and solve issues before they affect production; providing a high level of troubleshooting ability to repair mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems; providing service on an emergency basis, including overtime, weekends and during plant shutdowns; becomes familiar with corporate specifications and plant SOP’s governing the operation of the manufacturing process and local GMP; adheres to all plant safety rules and direct others in the proper application of plant safety
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with minimal supervision to accomplish objectives; takes a proactive role in safe work practices and leads by example; points out unsafe conditions and practices to others and supports EHS initiatives; drives innovation and continuous improvement, works independently and closely with manufacturing, engineering and quality groups to resolve issues
- Must understand corporate specifications and plant SOP’s governing the operation of the Galaxy process and local GMP
- Monitor assigned manufacturing lines and communicate with manufacturing to reduce down time
- Provide a high level of troubleshooting ability to repair mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Review current PMs, verify parts are in stock and complete PMs on time
- Build and rebuild machine assemblies
- Communicate equipment issues and work status to supervision, manufacturing, and management per the plant’s Stop and Fix guidelines
- Initiate work orders using the JD Edwards (JDE) CMMS system
- Perform PM work and assign work related to the Galaxy process when work is required to maintain equipment reliability and efficiency; ensure proper and timely completion of related documentation
- Note in JDE or other downtime tracking method any problems, breakdowns or alarms related to all equipment; initiate work orders and additional documentation required to resolve issues; review equipment trends related to issues and support efforts to eliminate reoccurring problems
- Share knowledge and train less experienced technicians in the Galaxy process and all related equipment including safety, 6S, PM’s associated with the RLDD facility
- Learn to handle robots in all normal production modes; troubleshoot and identify problems related to robots, machine output and quality defects as they occur
- Solicit help from Lead Technicians and engineering when needed
- Looks for ways to improve knowledge and skill set through additional training
- Adhere to the Takeda Code of Conduct
- Maintain 100% on time completion of all required training
- Out of town travel may be required to attend seminars, visit equipment vendors or other Takeda facilities
- Embody the Takeda Leadership Behaviors: Be Positive. Be Accountable. Be Results-Driven. Be an Excellent Manager of Self and Others.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Prior experience working in an FDA-regulated environment preferred
- Ability to read and understand electrical, mechanical and pneumatic drawings
- Knowledge of electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Well developed troubleshooting skills
- Ability to develop a good understanding of programmable logic controllers (PLCs)
- Must be able to work with limited supervision, have strong teamwork and communication skills, both oral and written, good documentation skills and practices, strong computer skills, customer oriented, work safely and effectively under stressful conditions
- Skilled in MS Word, MS Excel and JDE or similar CMMS
- Desire to broaden knowledge and improve skill level is imperative
- Incumbent must not be allergic to Penicillin, Cephalosporin or their related products and minerals
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required, technical certifications a plus
- Associates degree in a technical discipline or higher is a plus
- 3 to 5+ years of manufacturing systems experience preferred
- 2+ years of manufacturing systems experience with an Associates degree
- 1+ year of manufacturing systems experience with a Bachelor’s degree
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and/or carry up to 30 lbs. on a regular basis
- Must be able to lift up to 100 pounds on a periodic basis
- Repetitive motions with hands, wrists, turning head, bending at knees and waist
- Walking throughout the entire plant, crouching, stooping, laying down, crawling, sitting, kneeling
- Must be able to work in controlled environments requiring special gowning; will be required to follow gowning requirements and wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet and body
- No make-up, jewelry, contact lenses, nail polish or artificial fingernails may be worn in the manufacturing environment
- Will intermittently work in a cold, wet environment
- Must be able to work multiple shifts, including weekends
- Must be able to work overtime as required, including Saturdays, Sundays and holidays
- Will be required to work in a confined area
- Will be exposed to Clean Room and cool/hot storage conditions
- May require immunization before performing work within the manufacturing area
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law – Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Job ID SR0045560