Supply Handler - Material Handler
Round Lake Beach, Illinois
Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business unit are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Life-changing for you. Life-changing for patients.
Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality is the backbone of Takeda, and our employees are the guardians for our patients, our products, and our reputation. As a member of our team, we can offer you the opportunity to grow in a meaningful career, develop your skills, and come to work every day knowing that what you do makes a genuine difference.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2021.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2021.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Supply Handler - Material HandlerApply Now
The Supply Handler (SH) is responsible for executing all processes in production at Takeda’s manufacturing facility in Round Lake, Illinois, while strictly adhering to cGMP, environmental health and safety guidelines and any other related regulations which could apply; fully participates in both departmental projects and any quality working teams which may be applicable; under the general direction of the lead technician and the overall direction of the supervisor,is responsible for hands-on execution of all activities in the production area; initiates minor revisions to existing documents; troubleshoots simple existing procedures.
- Supports all local manufacturing operations
- Supplies components, small parts, glassware, tubing, etc. to cell culture and purification areas
- Operates general production equipment (such as parts washers, autoclave, stir plates, etc.)
- Assures that Production Associates rotate to different stations every 30 minutes
- Coordinates break and lunch schedules for PAs in their inspection or packaging rooms
- Completes relevant paperwork following GDP/GMP guidelines
- Manually cleans all portable equipment and small parts
- Participates on Continuous Improvement Teams
- Receives and distributes supplies into the production area as necessary
- Performs daily cleaning of the production area to maintain in GMP fashion
- Prepares media and buffer solutions
- Assembles and operates filtration systems
- Reviews and revises pertinent documentation as appropriate
- Trains new and existing employees/contractors on procedures for which Supply Handler is qualified as trainer
- May perform other duties as assigned
- Must be willing and able to work 12 hour shift in a 2-2-3 rotation. Shifts are 5am-5:30pm, 5:00pm – 5:30am.
- This position is a Shift 12 hour.
- Must have good written and oral communication skills in the English language
- Strong understanding of cGMP regulations
- Must be able to speak, read, write, understand and follow detailed instructions (written and oral) in the English language
- Must have 20/20 vision or better within arm’s length
- Must NOT be colorblind
- Must be proficient in a variety of mathematical disciplines and be able to work with both the metric and USA standards of measurement
- Familiarity with pharmaceutical production equipment including but not limited to autoclave, DP oven and CIP/SIP
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively and efficiently in a team environment
- Must be willing and able to work overtime; position requires shift, weekend and holiday work; mandatory overtime will be required, typically 2 Saturdays per month
- Will work in a clean room environment wearing special garments; personal protective equipment must be worn due to safety, cGMP and FDA requirements
- Knowledge of basic chemical and biological safety procedures
- May require immunization before performing work within the manufacturing area
Requires AA degree with 0-2 years of production experience or high school diploma with 1-3 years of related manufacturing experience
Location and Salary Information: This job posting excludes CO applicants.
LocationsUSA - IL - Round Lake - Drug Delivery
Time TypeFull time
Job ID R0037229