Quality Associate II
Round Lake Beach, Illinois
Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business unit are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Life-changing for you. Life-changing for patients.
Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality is the backbone of Takeda, and our employees are the guardians for our patients, our products, and our reputation. As a member of our team, we can offer you the opportunity to grow in a meaningful career, develop your skills, and come to work every day knowing that what you do makes a genuine difference.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2021.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2021.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Quality Associate IIApply Now
The Round Lake, IL Takeda manufacturing facility is expanding! Come join our Quality Team!
This position will facilitate and manage the closure of CAPA investigations, issues, customer complaint investigations, projects, and general requests for data, information, and reports related to the Takeda Round Lake plant.
- Process complaints which may include:
- Determine reportability of a complaint and submit associated regulatory reports within regulatory requirements
- Work with Product Surveillance to evaluate complaint for need to investigate and coordinate sample retrieval
- Document investigation, batch review and sample evaluation results
- Coordinate timely closure of complaints, as per procedure
- Supports day to day management of the deviation and CAPA quality systems.
- Ensure compliance to defined procedures and work with the facility to assess gaps and drive closure of implementation action plans.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual complaint metrics/ trending for quality reviews.
- Maintain communication with Takeda facilities for batch release, document and data requests, coordination of inter-plant investigations, etc.
- Coordinates product holds, FCAs, and BPDNs/BPDRs as needed
- Supports annual product quality reviews, quarterly FDA reports.
- Assists the facility in preparation for quality audits and participate in corporate audits and external inspections.
- Works closely with manufacturing and product development teams and participate in proactive projects and teams that impact production, solve problems, improve quality, and provide support during investigations.
- Other duties, tasks or projects as assigned.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills; exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work well in a highly matrixed environment
- Demonstrated experience in managing complex projects
- Demonstrated knowledge of CAPA systems in cGMP environments
- Strong knowledge of cGMP regulations, ICH, FDA CMC Guidance Documents and other Regulations.
- Training/experience in statistical tools, including lean and six sigma concepts
- Excellent oral, written, presentation, and organizational skills, with the ability to handle a wide variety of tasks simultaneously with limited guidance
- Proficiency in Trackwise, and MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must not be allergic to Cephalosporins.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in the sciences or engineering
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years of related work experience in a pharmaceutical or biotechnology organization in Quality, Regulatory, Product Development, or Manufacturing.
- Mostly sedentary work, sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Walking through the manufacturing facility
- 90% working in an office environment / 10% working in manufacturing areas for investigations
- Occasionally work in controlled environments requiring special gowning; will be required to follow gowning requirements and wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet and body
- No make-up, jewelry, contact lenses, nail polish or artificial fingernails may be worn in the manufacturing environment
- May work in a cold, wet environment
- May be required to work in a confined area
- May be exposed to some Clean Room and cool/hot storage conditions
Location and Salary Information: This job posting excludes CO applicants.
LocationsUSA - IL - Round Lake - Drug Delivery
Time TypeFull time
Job ID R0031882