Round Lake Beach, Illinois
Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business unit are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Life-changing for you. Life-changing for patients.
Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality is the backbone of Takeda, and our employees are the guardians for our patients, our products, and our reputation. As a member of our team, we can offer you the opportunity to grow in a meaningful career, develop your skills, and come to work every day knowing that what you do makes a genuine difference.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2021.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2021.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Production AssociateApply Now
The Production Associate (PA) is responsible for executing all processes in production at Takeda’s manufacturing facility in Round Lake, Illinois, while strictly adhering to cGMP, environmental health and safety guidelines and any other related regulations which could apply; fully participates in both departmental projects and any quality working teams which may be applicable; under the general direction of the lead technician and the overall direction of the supervisor, responsible for the hands-on execution of all activities in the production area
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports all local manufacturing operations
- Inspects manufactured product for irregularities or defects
- Supplies components, small parts, glassware, tubing, etc. to cell culture and purification areas
- Operates general production equipment (such as labelers, parts washers, autoclave, stir plates, etc.)
- Completes relevant paperwork following GDP/GMP guidelines
- Manually cleans all portable equipment and small parts
- Participates on Continuous Improvement Teams
- Receives and distributes supplies into the production area as necessary
- Performs daily cleaning of the production area to maintain in GMP fashion
- Embody the Takeda Leadership Behaviors
- May perform other duties as assigned
- Must be willing and able to work 12 hour shifts – 5am – 5:30pm OR 5:00pm – 5:30am. 2-2-3- configuration.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and follow detailed written and oral instructions in the English language
- Must have basic written and oral communication skills and ability to learn and comply with current Good Manufacturing Processes (cGMP) regulations
- Must have 20/20 vision or better within arm’s length
- Must NOT be colorblind
- Familiarity with pharmaceutical production equipment preferred, including autoclave, DP oven and CIP/SIP
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively and efficiently in a team environment
- This position requires shift, weekend and holiday work; overtime will be required at times (typically 2 Saturdays each month)
- The incumbent may work in a clean room environment, requiring special garments
- Personal protective equipment must be worn due to safety, cGMP and FDA requirements
- Knowledge of basic chemical and biological safety procedures
- May require immunizations before performing work within the manufacturing area
Education and/or Experience:
Requires AS/AA degree or High School diploma with 0-2 years related manufacturing experience
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and/or carry up to 30 lbs.
- Repetitive motions with hands, wrists, turning head, bending at knees and waist
- Walking within and between quality rooms and packaging rooms, as well as throughout the entire plant
- Must be able to work in controlled environments requiring special gowning; will be required to follow gowning requirements and wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet and body
- No make-up, jewelry, contact lenses, nail polish or artificial fingernails may be worn in the manufacturing environment
- May work in a cold, wet environment
- Must be able to work multiple shifts, including weekends
- Must be able to work overtime as required, including Saturdays
- May be required to work in a confined area
- May be exposed to some Clean Room and cool/hot storage conditions
- May require immunization before performing work within the manufacturing area
Location and Salary Information: This job posting excludes CO applicants.
LocationsUSA - IL - Round Lake - Drug Delivery
Time TypeFull time
Job ID R0036812