OSI Pi System Administrator
Round Lake Beach, Illinois
Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business unit are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Life-changing for you. Life-changing for patients.
Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality is the backbone of Takeda, and our employees are the guardians for our patients, our products, and our reputation. As a member of our team, we can offer you the opportunity to grow in a meaningful career, develop your skills, and come to work every day knowing that what you do makes a genuine difference.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2021.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2021.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
OSI Pi System AdministratorApply Now
Displays standard engineering principles to resolve difficult problems, from conception to final design with team input. Plans, schedules and leads project assignments in the evaluation, selection and adaptation of various engineering techniques, procedures and criteria with minimal guidance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- OSI PI Administration - Provide direct administration, development, and support of all aspects of the plant data historian, OSI PI, including interfaces to plant floor automation/control systems, as well as to higher-level Manufacturing Execution Systems/Business Systems.
- Familiar with Windows Server/Client operation and support of applications (start/stop services, obtain windows logs, etc.), as well as solid understanding and experience with networking fundamentals of IP addressing, firewalls, routers, etc.
- Moderate to advanced knowledge of plant floor automation control systems (PLC/DCS/SCADA) and controls engineering fundamentals, including experience with controls/automation systems integration, spanning legacy (hardwired/Modbus) to current (Ethernet IP/OPC UA).
- Must have strong verbal and written skills and proficient in setting and managing customer expectation.
- Can explain and present complex technical ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences at all levels up to the highest in a persuasive and convincing manner.
- Use of vendor or industry sources to identify opportunities or problems. Produce data-driven impact analysis and incorporate into technology plans.
- Uses appropriate tools to collect, correlate and analyze data; records and maintains technical data for use in developing operating and instruction manuals. Conducts tests; develops preliminary findings for review by experienced analysts.
- Assists in the development of standards and procedures. Prepares written reports of work and conducts training.
- Applies analytical thinking skills to diagnose and make recommendations on systems. Incorporates knowledge of business and technology to make recommendations. Translates data gathered from user discussions into business requirements. Identifies business/system needs and recommends solutions.
- Provide frontline support for operations issues with OSI PI and data historian.
- Use GDP on validation protocols, test cases and change control documents.
- Plan, manage, and supervise capital projects for the Round Lake Flexbumin facility.
- Approve protocols and support documentation (engineering change requests, system change forms, etc.) in order to secure project release.
- Ensure that documentation is maintained within budget and completed on time.
- Foster a team management philosophy in all appropriate decision processes.
- Maintain a safe work environment by engaging in site Behavior Base Safety program.
- Design and implement changes to control systems while adhering to validation and change control standards.
- Perform events investigation related to utilities automation system and implement the corrective and preventive action required to address the event.
- Must have experience or advanced training and demonstrated proficiency in total quality management, statistical methods, problem analysis and resolution, design of experiments, and software development.
- Successful track record of managing wide-ranging activities and demonstrated leadership skills.
- Recognized as a technical expert by peers.
- Extensive cross-functional team experience, including technical and non-technical work.
- Ability to organize and present technical and project management overviews without assistance.
- Knowledge of various programs such as Visual Basic, Rockwell Studio 5000, FT View Studio, Intellution, iFIX, data visualization system, etc.
- Advance knowledge of OSI PI Software and expertise to update RT Reports on daily basis.
- Using data analysis tools (i.e. Excel, Cognos, SQL, or other application analytic packages) to support reporting needs and resolve data issues.
- Have technical awareness to analyze trends and outputs (i.e. defects and enhancements).
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Ability to perform solution alternative analysis, vendor evaluation and articulate risks and financial benefit.
- Ability to perform database maintenance and design.
- Ability to work with Process Control Instrumentation and PID algorithms.
- Must not be allergic to cephalosporin drugs.
Education Requirements Additional Requirements
B.S. in Engineering and 5 - 8 years related experience, or associate degree with relevant work experience with process automation.
LocationsUSA - IL - Round Lake - Drug Delivery
Time TypeFull time
Job ID R0036995