Round Lake Beach, Illinois
Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business unit are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Life-changing for you. Life-changing for patients.
Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality is the backbone of Takeda, and our employees are the guardians for our patients, our products, and our reputation. As a member of our team, we can offer you the opportunity to grow in a meaningful career, develop your skills, and come to work every day knowing that what you do makes a genuine difference.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2021.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2021.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Manufacturing SupervisorApply Now
Excellent opportunity for Supervisor in our Round Lake IL manufacturing site. This role is a night shift supervisor, 12 hour (1700-0530) shift 2-2-3 rotation.
The Production Supervisor is responsible for implementing and supervising all activities in the production area at Takeda’s Round Lake, Illinois manufacturing facility, to ensure manufacturing goals and project deadlines are met while maintaining compliance with current good manufacturing practices (cGMPs), environmental health and safety (EHS) guidelines and any other regulations that could apply; focus is on optimization in the use of raw materials, equipment and personnel in producing quality products; may monitor and control labor and capital expenditures; may assist in developing budgets; recommends manufacturing policies, procedures and programs.
- Provides guidance, support, direction and leadership through positive interactions with all personnel during daily operations.
- Supervises the day-to-day production, scheduling, staffing, material management, compliance, training and auditing activities – to meet customer requirements including deadlines and quality standards.
- Interviews, hires, coaches, motivates, develops and disciplines staff; conducts annual performance reviews for all direct reports; assists in setting performance objectives and development plans; monitors progress.
- Reviews, approves, and manages documentation for batch and system records; assists in release of product for distribution; assists in meeting product release time goals.
- Emphasizes training programs designed to enable staff to consistently execute all manufacturing processes with strict compliance to cGMPs and EHS regulations.
- Develops and implements performance measurement and internal auditing programs in order to routinely evaluate operation efficiency and quality; implements changes as needed based on assessments.
- Performs/leads technical reviews, investigations and process improvement projects; provides manufacturing input into integration and validation of new equipment and processes.
- Resolves technical, material and cGMP problems that may impact project deadlines; provides guidance and troubleshooting assistance as needed during a deviation in the process.
- Represents the company during FDA inspections; provides information as necessary to FDA that establishes credibility and demonstrates compliance with cGMPs.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills with ability to interface well with other departments, and lead effectively and efficiently in a team environment
- In-depth process knowledge of related manufacturing equipment and processes
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a manufacturing plant setting
- Ability to analyze and interpret scientific and statistical data
- Strong professional writing skills and ability to prepare technical reports
- Experienced understanding of cGMPs and other regulatory guidelines applicable to the medical/pharmaceutical industry
- Strong assessment and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to respond to detailed inquiries, and present information to groups and senior management
- May be required to supervise multiple groups/shifts
- Good computer skills
- BS degree in a scientific or engineering discipline with 3-5 years of manufacturing experience or AA degree or equivalent manufacturing experience; 4-6 years of supervisory related experience required
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and carry up to 25 lbs.
- In general, the position requires a combination of sedentary work and walking around observing conditions in the facility
- Must be able to work in controlled environments requiring special gowning; will be required to follow gowning requirements and wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet and body
- No make-up, jewelry, contact lenses, nail polish or artificial fingernails may be worn in the manufacturing environment
- Will work in a cold, wet environment
- Must be able to work multiple shifts, including weekends
- Must be able to work overtime as required
- May be required to work in a confined area
- Some Clean Room and cool/hot storage conditions
Location and Salary Information: This job posting excludes CO applicants.
LocationsUSA - IL - Round Lake - Drug Delivery
Time TypeFull time
Job ID R0036513