Senior Brand Manager HAE (Hereditary Angioedema)Apply Now Email Me Job ID R0013815 Date posted 10/31/2019 Location: Rome, Italy
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Senior Brand Manager HAE (Hereditary Angioedema) in our Rome, Italian office.
Takeda is a global pharmaceutical leader with more than 30,000 professionals working together across more than 70 countries. We have an unwavering dedication to put people first and we live our values of Takeda-ism: Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance. We are united by our more than 230-year legacy of research-based pharmaceuticals and our mission to strive toward Better Health and a Brighter Future for people worldwide through leading innovation in medicine.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. At Takeda, you will make an impact on people’s lives – including your own.
As a Senior Brand Manager, HAE (Hereditary Angioedema) you will be empowered to build an in-depth understanding of customer and patient needs within the HAE space, customer behavioral change opportunities, the market environment (including competitive intelligence), resource availability and translate these insights into a customer engagement strategy and planning standards. You will embed a high customer focus within Immunology & HAE team by spending a significant amount of time with customers and placing patients and customers at the center of every business decision.
Customer Activities (40 – 60%)
- Identifies, develops and fosters professional long lasting peer-to-peer relationships with key physicians, key opinion leaders (KOL) and academic centres and ensures ethical and high level exchange of scientific information in oncology
Business Strategy and Management
- Ensuring the development and implementation of the Strategic Marketing Plan in line with the Brand Strategy to maximize brand performance
- Executing all activities included in the pre-launch and launch planning for first in class antibody in HAE prophylaxis.
- The successful achievement of tactical objectives and milestones outlined within the Strategic Marketing Plan including but not limited to:
- Development and implementation of promotional materials
- Implement multi-channel solutions including digital, mailings & newsletter, media & PR activities for all customers line with the strategic plan and compliance
- Create programs and tactics customized to different customer groups including HCPs, patients, patient associations and media
- Strategic and tactical lead of Takeda´s congress activities
- Identifies actions to strengthen product positioning (e.g. direct medical development, labeling changes) to maximize brand performance. Anticipates and capitalizes on stakeholders’ market trends to create a competitive advantage.
- Directing generation and analysis of data to seek out opportunities to support recommendations for strategic direction based on demand and market dynamics.
- Achieving the above through effective liaising, networking and working relationships with the Takeda Market Access Team, Immunology & HAE Brand Team, Takeda country Medical Department, Customer Excellence and other relevant outsource agencies.
Effective team and cross functional working internally and externally
- Developing effective and constructive working relationships throughout the Business Unit and Takeda LOC in general.
- Partnering with the Immunology & HAE Sales force to provide strategic direction in the development of training material and programs
- Actively analyse in-market performance and identify key metrics to assess the performance versus plan at the market, segment, and customer levels, taking into account key drivers of customer behavior
- Support the Immuno/HAE Marketing Lead in developing the annual budgets, operating plan, market sales forecasts, quarterly updates, etc.
- Effective budget control and resource management within predefined project budgets
- Developing and maintaining strong, effective and constructive team and KOL networks by taking a leadership role in the communication and liaison between all pertinent external customers
- Ensuring effective communication with all relevant internal and external key stakeholders;
- Identifying and raising relevant issues, and proposing potential solutions, through the appropriate internal and external channels
- Achieving best-in-class customer focus with significant dedicated time for regular interactions with customers
- Implementation of multi-channel innovative communication approaches to customers
Risk Management and controls
- Supporting the Immunology & HAE Marketing Lead in managing the company’s risk profile including, (where appropriate), Code of Conduct and the Health and Safety performance of the business
- Assisting the Immunology & HAE Marketing Lead in ensuring that appropriate internal controls are in place
- Utilizing new market research approaches with business partners to assess business risks and opportunities. Proactively identifying brand opportunities and issues that require analysis of Business Information to create new approaches or new market opportunities
- University degree (marketing, science preferably)
- 3-5 years of experience in pharmaceutical industry
- Successful experience in product launches
- MKTG specific experience (at least 2 years)
- Identification with Takeda-ism values
- Fluent written & spoken English
Best chance criteria
- Communication & strong interpersonal skills with an ability to influence at high level
- Analytical, converts information into insights; monitoring market trends, uncovering unmet needs, identifying risks, barriers and opportunities at national level
- Innovative, disruptive develops new ways of working and uses these to differentiate from competition
- Strong communicator with the ability to engage both external and internal customers
- Builds a collaborative network of relationships with people in a variety of functions, roles and locations and leverages formal and informal networks to accomplish the ambitious goals
- Personal drive to follow-through plan
- Can do attitude
- In depth knowledge of applicable laws, regulations and codices for pharmaceutical industry
- Business acumen and ability to understand and actively contribute to the management of a P&L
- Outside thinking rather inside focus; advocating patient and HCP perspective into the organization
- Crucial that the candidate understands the rare diseases environment and business model where the brand/s operate including working with a KAM model
- Willingness to spend high amount of time with customers