Public Affair and Communication DirectorApply Now Email Me Job ID R0012749 Date posted 11/10/2019 Location: Rome, Italy
Job title: Public Affairs and Communication Director Italy
Department: General Management
The position reports to General Manager Italy
- Coordinate Internal and External Communication
- Promote sustainable healthcare environment that recognizes and rewards innovation in the best interest of patients and society;
- Work cross-functionally to identify and remove regulatory and policy barriers to ensure as broad as possible patient access to Takeda therapeutic solutions and improve the patient journey in the Takeda therapeutic areas of focus;
- Work cross-functionally to shape Takeda’s external positioning on key public policy issues and ensure that the company commands respect as a thought leader by external stakeholders including policy makers, the medical community, patient associations, industry associations etc.
- Provide consistently the perspectives of the external environment in leadership discussions and work cross-functionally to build partnerships and solutions with external stakeholders that will allow Takeda to differentiate.
- Build the organisation’s capabilities in having impactful interactions with external stakeholders
- Develop advocacy material to support Takeda’s public policy positions
- Support Takeda’s corporate philosophy and strategy to focus on improving patient outcomes and advance healthcare.
- Strategic monitoring of public policy trends and creation of appropriate vision , advocacy material and evidence in order to interact with relevant stakeholders;
- Create and maintain a stakeholder interaction and ensure appropriate and impactful stakeholder management;
- Design and execute public affairs strategies to prepare and complement launch plans by, for example, removing regulatory barriers or by creating appropriate disease awareness campaigns or by creating appropriate evidence to show the value of a therapy, etc.;
- Design and execute a strategy to establish the Takeda vision as a value driven company leading through innovative solutions and thought leadership.
- Design and execute together with other relevant functions programs to strengthen the influencing and communication skills of the organization.
- Prepare appropriate briefings and provide coaching to support leaders of the organization in their interactions with stakeholders
- Ensure appropriate flow of information on key trends and policies with the regional organization;
- Ensure that all Takeda interactions with policy makers and external stakeholders are in full compliance with laws and regulations and reflects Takeda ethical principles and corporate philosophy
- Excellent understanding of the healthcare environment in the country and strong network with thought leaders in the area of health policy. (at least 10 years’ experience in the pharma / healthcare industry or health administration or healthcare policy consultancy or similar.
- In depth understanding of the political and administrative environment of the country
- Strong network within health policy influences both in the public and private sectors;
- Sound understanding of health policies including health economics and proven ability to demonstrate thought leadership and find innovative solutions;
- Experience in creating and moderating cross-functional networks and achieving alignment and meaningful cross-fertilisation.
- Proven ability to build credibility within an organization; stakeholder management and collaborative leadership experience
- Strong strategic skills including the ability to see the ‘big picture’, identify the big trends and their interplay and stir the organisation towards constructive solutions;
- Proven ability to simplify complex concepts for layman in order to create clarity and help the organisation make the right choices.
- Ability to inspire, set the vision in a clear way and bring people along.
- Proven ability of creating networks to achieve alignment of positions and cross-fertilisation among different functions, cultures and countries.
- Understand the needs of policy makers and their priorities in order to formulate convincing advocacy papers showcasing Takeda’s positions.
- Good understanding of the pharma specialty business model in order to anticipate impact of policy changes.
- Ability to see ‘win-win’ situations between policy makers and Takeda in order to shape arguments and find pragmatic solutions.
- Develop and grow relationships with external stakeholders (trade associations, health policy makers and other NGOs and organizations active in the area of health policy) and internal stakeholders
- Embed effective stakeholder management strategies within the organization and maintain regular communication to solidify relationships.
- Represent the identity of Takeda internally & externally in line with the global positioning and Takeda´s values, mission and vision
- Strong understanding of diverse healthcare environments and the resulting variety of decision making drivers.
- Good understanding of mindsets of policy makers
- Innovative thinking and an entrepreneurial mindset
- Ability to influence without authority
- Strong verbal and written communication skills