Pricing & Reimbursement ManagerApply Now Email Me Job ID R0013456 Date posted 10/18/2019 Location: Rome, Italy
Job Title: Pricing & Reimbursement Manager
Department: Value & Access
The position reports to the Value & Access Policy Lead.
The primary responsibility of this function is to contribute to the development and the implementation of pricing and reimbursement strategies for in-line and pipeline products through a constant monitoring of regulatory changes and macroeconomics and competitive environment.
- Define and implement pricing and reimbursement strategy for new products, providing ad hoc analysis and data, drugs positioning and payers’ willingness to pay and ensuring the preparation of the P&R Dossier for new products, in line with the International Pricing Guidelines.
- Elaborate and submit all the documents together with the P&R Dossier, required for the negotiation of new products or line extensions within the planned deadlines.
- Develop, based on P&R scenario analysis, competitive and regulation dynamics, evaluations and assumptions to support the Business Units and the Finance Department in the planning process.
- Implement and maintain robust price and reimbursement outcomes database and analytic platform, ensuring continuous updating of internal price database, financial pricing and reimbursement model, to examine price as a key strategic lever across the portfolio.
- Maintain a high awareness and understanding of payers needs and behaviors in order to develop tactics and strategies to meet these needs.
- Share within cross functional teams, evaluations about the potential of products in the pipeline (Phase II and Phase III) providing pricing analysis and elaborating P&R scenarios.
- Develop ad hoc analysis aimed to support access initiatives developed within Value & Access organization and commercial teams both at national and regional/ local level.
- Support, as reference point, PVPA Global Teams regarding pricing issues/competitive product analysis needed for the development of the international pricing strategies highlighting country specific opportunities and risks.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in a Pricing & Reimbursement / Market Access position.
- Deep knowledge of the pharmaceutical market.
- Strong awareness of competitive landscape, including latest strategies and techniques.
- Excellent analytical skills, judgment and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and evidence of both leadership and team-working in a matrix environment
- Outstanding writing and presentation skills
- Ability to work under pressure, to take accountability for business challenges, think strategically and tackle complex problems
- Intellectual curiosity and ability to spot trends/ patterns
- Strong customer-orientation and ability to see issues from the point of view of others
Language capabilities: fluent in English