Oncology Market Access ManagerApply Now Email Me Job ID R0013634 Date posted 10/25/2019 Location: Rome, Italy
Job Title: Oncology Market Access Manager
Department: Value & Access Department
The position reports to Oncology Division Director with functional report to the Access Strategy Lead (Value & Access)
The Market Access Manager contributes to the development and customization of the Payer Value Proposition for institutional stakeholders and Key Decision Makers translating the clinical value of the product(s) under responsibility into the specific value for payers in terms of patients’ health improvement, sustainability and innovation.
- Contribute to define and execute the Access Strategy Plan for Takeda product(s) in collaboration with Health Economics department and in alignment with the corporate strategy.
• Maintain in-depth knowledge of drug programs and policies to support the Access Strategy Lead in national and local initiatives.
• Remain updated regarding the external market access environment and monitor market, competitors, messages and pricing & reimbursement conditions.
• Manage national and local access initiatives, specifically developing cross functional projects and supporting In-field Value & Access team.
- Build solid Value Propositions and Access communication Campaigns.
- Develop effective and constructive working relationships throughout the Oncology Division and the Value & Access Team.
- Create/build and maintain a solid network of professional contacts within the HC / MA setting & key stakeholders.
- Promote and conduct the affairs of the company with the highest standards of integrity, probity and corporate governance, demonstrating commitment to the values of Takeda-ism.
Critical Skills and Competencies
- University Degree in one of the following areas: chemistry, biology, pharmacy, economics or statistics.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a pharmaceutical company within a Market Access Department or in a consulting firm engaged in Market Access project.
- Ability to work in team.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Postgraduate studies: Master’s degree in Market Access
- Deep knowledge of Italy market dynamics, healthcare policy, payer mind-set and pharmaco-economic principles.
- Experience in Oncology or highly specialized markets.
- Concise and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- High level presentation skills underpinned by, but not exclusively relying on great PowerPoint skills.
- Ability to analyze data, extract quantitative insights and build high level business cases using Excel.
- Analysis, synthesis and communication of clinical and health economic information.
- Ability to plan start and control projects using core project management principles and tools.