Health economics SpecialistApply Now Email Me Job ID R0012824 Date posted 10/18/2019 Location: Rome, Italy
Job Title: Health economics Specialist
Department: Value & Access Department
The position reports to Value & Access Policy Lead
Contribute to business objectives achievement, designing and proposing the most suitable economic models and HTA evaluation, contributing to the pricing strategy for products under development, according to local regulations and regional and global HQ market access guidelines
- Defines specifications for, conduct and write results of health economic and outcome research studies; set up medical-economic development plans according to findings aiming at obtaining and maintaining the best conditions of market access for company products, in accordance with EUCAN policies and Italian regulations.
- Support the Value & Access Policy Lead and Value & Access Director with the preparation of economic analysis submissions to regulatory authorities and hospital authorities.
- Design health economics models incorporating epidemiological data and support the economic value of clinical trial endpoints to demonstrate the added value of the therapy and justify the product’s price.
- Design disease management models for health economic analysis by identifying existing databases of resource consumption and costs; identifying cost-drivers as well as subgroups of the patient population with significant costs; looking at competitors; exploring paramedical treatment patterns e.g. physiotherapy, home nursing; defining patient success outcomes and identifying critical data gaps for survey/collection and preparing protocols and survey questionnaires to address these gaps.
- Collaborate with the Value & Access Policy Lead to develop a comprehensive database of major reference material including: major clinical published studies, epidemiological literature, economic evaluations, health economics or HTA publications that are relevant to the company’s therapeutic areas.
- Build relationships and form strong alliances with corporate head office colleagues and ensure any Italian specific requirements are included within global protocols.
- Support the development of RWE collection programs proposed by Global Value & Access and Global Health economics and manage the development of local programs to collect evidence to optimize and maintain access status.
- Promote and conduct business affairs with the highest standards of integrity, probity and corporate governance; demonstrating commitment to the values of Takeda-ism.
- University Degree in one of the following areas; statistics, economics or pharmacy
- Postgraduate studies in one of the following areas; health economics, public health, epidemiology, public institution’s management.
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- At least 2 years’ experience in a pharmaceutical company, consulting firm, or in a university department
- Knowledge of the Italian market mechanics, healthcare policy, payer mind-set and pharmaco-economic principles
- Ability to analyze data, extract quantitative insights and use complex database.
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of heath economics applied to models (cost efficacy analysis – cost-utility analysis – budget impact analysis, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience of Real-World Evidence in a pharmaceutical environment (database analysis, cost of illness, burden of disease, observational studies, etc.)
- Analyze, synthesis and communicate health economic information
- Ability to plan start and control projects using core project management principles and tools
- Concise and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in team