Alliance ManagerApply Now Email Me Job ID R0014167 Date posted 11/07/2019 Location: Rome, Italy
Reports to: Finance Director (CFO) Italy
Alliance Manager ensures that the Company’s partnerships reach their goals efficiently, effectively, and harmoniously and in a timely fashion, pursuing sustainable win-win set-up’s. Build relationship with existing and future alliance partners, helps scouting the market for new opportunities and acts as Point of Contact for Global or Regional partnering initiatives.
- Coordinates all activities, know-how and view-points among the various departments in maximizing the value and minimizing the risk of our partnered alliance and licensee programs by providing leadership and holistic approach
- Leads adoption of global alliance management (including global licensee management) best practices.
- Liaise with Finance Business Partner teams and relevant Franchises in forecasting revenue / income in/outflows and with Supply Chain in properly handling S&OP demand planning
- Manages contractual obligations and deliverables, such as milestone payments; coordinating interpretative discussions and, if necessary, leading negotiations with the partner regarding the interpretation of the contract in the event of a difference of opinion between the two sides.
- Reviews the agreements at scheduled intervals, makes suggestions to improve performance.
- Ensures that all legal conditions are met and all the proper registrations done.
- Oversees the alliances’ conformity to Takeda’s policies and procedures; guarantees their full awareness of and adherence to Takeda’s Ethics and Compliance policies
- Tracks progress, including coordinating the definition and reporting of the KPIs, as well as leading periodic health checks. Minimizes out of scope or out of budget situations. Proactively identifies alliance partner issues, develop recommendations for risk mitigation actions in consultation with key stakeholders. Lead implementation of risk mitigation initiatives.
- Liaise with Finance and relevant Franchises to reflect alliances’ performance and trends in financial planning and forecasting, Risk & Ops frameworks.
- Liaise with Supply Chain, Regulatory, Quality in keeping a stronghold of the S&OP and demand planning processes, securing proper escalation of possible issues and channelling proper information flow to/from partners.
Governance and Process management
- Establishes and ensures smooth running of the collaboration ground rules, such as the protocol for formal governance meetings and procedures for decision making, project team meetings, data exchange, and other kinds of interactions.
- Manages how the company is perceived by the partner, and how the partnership is perceived by people in one’s own company.
Alignment and relationship building
- Leads efforts to increases alignment, mutual understanding, and trust between collaboration participants, including activities such as the kickoff event and periodic collaboration team events
- Anticipates upcoming changes in project stages or collaboration participants, managing transitions smoothly, and serving as the partnership’s memory, as well as facilitating complex discussions with the partner to map a way forward when unanticipated situations or corporate decisions in either party trigger the need for change
- Works locally with Franchises and Regionally/Globally with stakeholders to define market scouting practices and/or to assess opportunities for new partnering or portfolio reassessments.
Finance Director/CFO; FBPs Lead; Controlling Lead; Head of SCM; General Manager and Business Units/Heads of Franchises; Regional Alliance Management/Business Development stakeholders; Business Operations Director
Internal and external group auditors, Statutory auditors, fiscal advisors
Key performance indicators/Measures of success
Financial and Business Results:
- Alliances’ performance as per plans and contract terms
- Full compliance with relevant Policies
- Timely and quality completion of requested opportunity assessments, partnering or divesting contractual arrangements, process changes targeting improvements or risk/conflict resolution
- Co-leading market opportunity scouting and overall analytics
- Reliability, timeliness and accuracy
- Accuracy of early-warning system and results
- Process design and efficacy
- Up-to date accounting and fiscal expertise
People, Capabilities, and Management:
- Interactions and best practice sharing within team
- Cross-functional teamwork with FBPs, with business partners
- Liaison with Group and Regional teams
Business Partnering: Agile Though Partner
- University degree in economics, business, engineering or related field
- Preferred Advanced degree/courses in business, economics, engineering or related field preferred
- Very fluent English
- 10+ years working experience
- 7+ years’ experience in complex, structured multinational environments
- Significant (3-5 years) first-hand management expertise in Direct Alliance / Licensing Management / Business Dev’t in healthcare industries (pharmaceuticals a plus)
- Strong understanding of R&D, Marketing, Finance, Supply Chain, Business Development & Licensing with minimum 6 years direct experience in any of such functions
- Strong systemic view, ability to connect the dots cross-functionally
- Experience leading cross-functional teams, including senior management members to achieve shared goals.
- Experience with long-term partnerships
- Strong written and oral communication skills, and ability to clearly articulate business and financial data to a variety of counterparts
- Excellent analytical ability
- Good Legal understanding for what concerns alliance set-up’s
- Good understanding of the Regulatory aspects in healthcare (pharma a strong plus).
- Familiarity with Transfer Pricing European Directive and typical intercompany set-up’s
- Good revenue recognition understanding under IFRS and related implementation and monitoring mechanisms
- Overall strong financial skills (balance sheet mastering, budgeting and/or controlling, credit, financing and cash flow management, financial statements, ...)
- Internal controls, SOX basic understanding
- Proficiency with MS Office, work-use of SAP
- Highest ethical standards, easily embracing Patient->Trust->Reputation-Business and Takeda-ism
- Intellectual curiosity
- Proactivity and accountability
- Balanced teamwork & assertiveness, builds Trust
- Initiative, drive, resilience, hands-on approach
- Possesses and demonstrates a mature sense of urgency, ownership, can-do attitude, and does whatever-it-takes to delivery results accurately and timely in a dynamic work environment, but always with Integrity at heart (no short-cuts)